ForumsQuestionsNew layout: Batch edit

New layout: Batch edit
max

Posted: Mar 08, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Hi

I switched to the new layout on my iPad.

I then tried my daily batch edit completion routine:

1. Search for all tasks meeting a certain criteria
2. Batch edit
3. Mark all tasks meeting these criteria complete. It was at this step that I see the batch edit no longer offers the option to mark all tasks complete on the search. Instead it has on-off switches.

A. Can you please explain how to mark all tasks in a batch edit complete in the new format (fortunately it still works fine on my Windows PC which I have not converted.

B. How can I revert my iPad back to the old format if required?

Thanks

Max
pawelkaleta

Ad A. There is an On/Off switch called Unchecked, click on this text and you will get an option to Check Off, then turn it on.

Ad B. It's described on News section in the first post of this thread: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/1/24161/0/the-new-tasks-section.html

Hope that helps.
max

Thanks.

1. I didn't realise that the words in the batch edit menu are clickable. Maybe need to highlight this?

2. On the new batch edit, does it matter whether you do the slider switch before or after selecting?

3. The language is a bit ambiguous: Unchecked versus Checked Off? They sound really similar. And couldn't Checked Off also mean "Turn off the check mark" which is the opposite of what it actually does.

Otherwise progress is good.

Max
pawelkaleta

Ad 1. Once you find it, you'll never forget it :-)
Ad 2. It doesn't matter, it takes the state of given switch into consideration from the moment when you hit execution button.
Ad 3. I guess this naming convention is used to directly correspond to typical actions of checking off the task once it's completed.
max

Posted: Mar 09, 2017
Ad 1: Understood
Ad 3: Here is the UK, we don't even use the word "check" to begin with (we call it a tick mark). So it's doubly tricky for us ;)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.