ForumsQuestionsDon't like the new circle in the Toodledo logo - looks "dirty"

Don't like the new circle in the Toodledo logo - looks "dirty"
Martins Tasks

Posted: Mar 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I noticed that you updated the logo. Frankly, I'd get rid of the circle altogether. If you look at the bigger picture – the various interface elements of the lists and the basic approach in making things easier on the eye and easier to navigate, then, the new "thicker fuzzy" circle is a step in the opposite direction.

I know that taste is a difficult area for discussion and may be somewhat personal to you. But in general, a simplified logo is always a sign for strength. Please reflect a bit on this and compare with other icons around us. It may be a cultural thing too, but the Internet is now somewhat "westernized" in a rational sense ("time is money").

Just look how buttons have evolved: from 3 dimensional "glossy" pieces of art, to a utilitarian "zone." I think that your brand icon is already very unique in its use of (1) a special font and (2) the name itself and (3) the use of 2 different colors. Those 3 elements would come more to the forefront if the circle is gone.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 10, 2017
Im not sure I understand what you mean by "thicker fuzzy" circle. We have not updated our logo for a long time. If it has changed, then there is something wrong that should be happening. Can you please send us a screenshot of what you see?
Martins Tasks

Posted: Mar 14, 2017
I shortly looked thicker. Now it looks again like before. Sorry that I did not update my post. Perhaps it was a glitch in my browser.
Martins Tasks

Posted: Mar 17, 2017
Strange, it looks "thicker" again. Here are screenshots:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fhvmrffo6yc66de/Screenshot%202017-03-17%2010.06.47.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xrib27sa21kzp2x/Screenshot%202017-03-17%2010.11.23.png?dl=0

I tried on a Mac (El Capitan) with Vivaldi and Chrom browsers.

–martin
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 17, 2017
Thanks for the screenshots. I'll look into it. Definitely not intentional. Can you please let us know if Safari does the same thing?
Martins Tasks

Posted: Mar 19, 2017
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 22, 2017
This should be fixed now.
SyneRyder

Posted: Mar 24, 2017
Thanks for fixing this! This has been irritating me for a while, like noticing a small micro-abrasion in your jet black iPhone 7 :)

It's fixed for me now on www.toodledo.com, but doesn't seem to be fixed yet on tasks.toodledo.com (running Chrome 57 on Mac El Capitan). (Looks like Tasks is still using the SVG logo, not the PNG version.)

This message was edited Mar 24, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 24, 2017
Yeah, we'll update the separate product sites soon.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.