ForumsQuestionsColour options/customisation

Colour options/customisation
mikedebutts

Posted: Mar 19, 2017
Score: 3 Reference
This is a desperate plea for 'colour by folder'

Seen loads of requests for this, and replies dating back 3 years or more that "it's on your to do list"...

Also other requests and comments on the current 'colour by priority'... To my mind, you could solve 2 birds with 1 stones, by allowing the user to customise their own colour options, and keep everyone happy...

Afterall, the kind of people who need To do lists as clever as yours (and it is GREAT) are busy ppl with complex lists, and need the data to STAND OUT.

For me (& I suspect many) I have folders for work and more for personal. There are plenty of excellent ways to see the most pressing jobs (and hence to me 'colour by priority' is a redundant use of colour as importance is almost always implicit in the ORDER), but a list listed by priority/importance and coloured by folder would perfect this app.

There are also occasions when, unless I know what folder a job is in, the job explanation could be ambiguous. I know I could solve this with longer job titles, but more text doesn't make for better data scanning... Color does!

I'm not a programmer, but I had imagined this working so you assign as colour as you define/create folders, contexts, etc
Then a separate option, similar to your sort criteria, to choose to 'colour by folder', colour by context, colour by priority, colour by job length, etc

You could even keep the corner tags of colour to mark priority level, and have a second colour category for the text (assuming the first category is for background)

Please please please!
Thanks for your time
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for the suggestion. We do not comment on timeframes for implementation, but this is on our to-do list.

Thanks
mikedebutts

Posted: Apr 01, 2017
Not trying to be rude, but you posted that very same answer to the same request on this thread

www.toodledo.com/forums/2/13057/0/color-coding-folders.html

on 07/11/2011

That was almost SIX YEARS ago...

I simply don't believe it'd take that long to add! Certainly not a simplistic version. And if you made it optional, it wouldn't NEED to be controversial as those who prefer the current look could simply just not take the extra time to assign colours to folders...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help us. We need colour!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Apr 03, 2017
We have a lot of things on our to-do list, more than we can ever hope to do, even in 6 years. I am sorry that we have not yet had time to make folders colorable.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.