ForumsQuestionsNew Tasks Layout Isn't Keyboard Friendly

New Tasks Layout Isn't Keyboard Friendly
moshner

Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thank you for continuing to work on the tasks section. I like some of the new changes but I do have one productivity issue. It used to take me less than 2 seconds to add a task including all the details like context, folder, and tags. I used the keyboard to just type the letter "H" for "Home" and it would set that folder right away. Now, when I type "H" it just shows "Home" as an option that I still have to click on and then click away from the field in order to set.

This sounds like a small thing but when it come to adding tasks I need to be able to work as quickly as possible. Otherwise, I begin to loose my other ideas and get frustrated. I don't want to have to use notepad and then copy and paste my notes into tasks.

Does anyone have any tips to navigating the new tasks interface for speed?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
For some technical reasons and to make keyboard shortcuts more versatile, we have slightly changed how keyboard shortcuts work. Now, instead of just typing "H", you need to first type a "space bar" to make the field editable. Then type the H. This will select the first folder/context/tag that starts with an H. If that is the one you want, press return to save it. If that is not the one you want, you use the arrow keys to go up or down in the list, or you can keep typing to make the section more precise.

For example, if you had both "Home" and "Hardware Store", the first H would select "Hardware Store" and then you could type "O" to select "Home".
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.