ForumsQuestionsNew Task Layout - Different Dates on Tasks

New Task Layout - Different Dates on Tasks
adriank

Posted: Mar 25, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
In the new task layout, I have several tasks that display different start dates and end dates than shown in the "old" task layout. As best I can tell, it appears to be limited to tasks that are subtasks with a repeat "With Parent". In the new task layout, they are incorrectly displaying the dates as if the parent had not been checked off, while in the new layout, they are displaying the correct dates updated after the parent was checked off. I tried to verify with with a test parent and test subtasks, and I couldn't even get the parent task to properly check off in the new layout. Is there anything more I can provide to help with troubleshooting this? I'd be glad to help if you need more information...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 27, 2017
Posted by adriank:
I couldn't even get the parent task to properly check off in the new layout.

Can you please explain this part of it? Exactly what happens when you check off the parent task?
adriank

Posted: Mar 28, 2017
The check appears in the box, and the text font is changed to strike-out as expected to indicate it is complete, but when I refresh the view by clicking on the word "Tasks", sometimes it shows the dates for the next occurance as expected, but sometimes it shows the same dates as what was just marked completed. For example, I just created a set of test tasks with the parent set to repeat daily, and the subtasks set to repeat with parent. The first time I marked the parent complete and refreshed, all dates were properly advanced to the next day. The second time I marked the parent complete and refreshed, none of the tasks had the new day. At one point last week, I had an example where the parent and one subtask advanced their dates, but left another subtask with its "old" dates. Is there any more information you would like?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 28, 2017
When you refresh the page and see the wrong date (the old date), is the task still showing as completed, or has it become uncompleted again?
If you wait a few more seconds and refresh the page again, does the new date (the correct future date) appear?
adriank

Posted: Mar 31, 2017
Sorry for the delay - I created a support ticket and uploaded some screenshots to help with the investigation.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.