ForumsQuestionsFiltering Folders

Filtering Folders
michaelspitzer

Posted: Mar 30, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I'd like to request the ability to filter to a specific Folder in the Hotlist, or really any view for that matter. Saved Search is not a good solution to this because it doesn't allow "on the fly" filtering. My use case is that I want to use Toodledo for both personal and work, and when I'm at work I don't want to be distracted by items that are not relevant. This is different that using contexts in the GTD method because, for example, I might do some personal things while at work (say, if I'm on the internet or near a phone).

This seems like a pretty basic feature and looking through the old forums, it looks like many people would appreciate this functionality. I've seen your team respond to at least one person saying that they can create two accounts, but as a premium user who pays for the service, it doesn't seem fair to have to pay twice and it is also impractical to log in separately to each account.

This topic has been mentioned a few times in old threads, but I've never seen a satisfactory answer on whether this will be implemented. If you will not implement this, please just be honest about that so I an others can decide if this limitation is acceptable. One of the reasons I like your product and have used it for many years is because it is not too simple and allows a lot of customization, but this seems like a glaring omission.

Thanks!
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Mar 30, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Instead of using folders, try using tags instead. You can add a tag of "work" or "home" to your tasks and then use the tag filter to hide/show these on the fly from any list. You can also use contexts for this, but it sounds like you are already using contexts for something else
michaelspitzer

Posted: Apr 02, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thank you for the response. Using tags is a reasonable workaround. It still doesn't make sense to me why folders works differently, but this will work.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.