ForumsQuestionsSorting

Sorting
Randall_Leath

Posted: Jul 13, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I would like to have some of my reminders show up at the bottom of my daily list. For example - I want to be reminded to make a personal call after work tonight (at 6:00). What I do not want to see is that task at the top of the list all day long. I tried switching the priority to a -1, but the task still shows at the top. I am using the website with the following sort options: Due Date, Priority, Task/Subtask. Can you suggest a different sort criteria that will put that task (call) at the bottom of the list?
Thanks,
Randall
Anders

-1 Priority will work if you open your Filters, and click "Hide -1 Priority". That will, of course, hide any tasks with -1 Priority. What I do with tasks like this is use the Reference Status which will be hidden if you have the "Hide Deferred Tasks" Filter turned on. There are ways to do it with just sorting, but they tend to be messier IMO. For instance, you couldn't sort by Date first, since your reminder is today, but you could sort by some other Criterion like Folder, and assign your reminder to a special Folder that will show at the bottom of the list, but this would restrict your sorting options, and it would still not be hidden.
Randall_Leath

Anders - Thanks for the reply. I think I found a way that will work and still display the tasks the way I want. I take that same task and make the due date tomorrow, and due time of 1800. I will put the reminder at 1 day ahead (today). That will keep the call at the bottom of the list until later in the day.

Thanks again for the help.
Randall
lite1

Glad you found a solution. For some Views, I find if I use XXX or ZZZ at the start of the Task name and then use a Sort alphabetical I can get things where I want them. But I think your solution sounds more elegant for what you want.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.