ForumsQuestionsBatch Edit in the new version

Batch Edit in the new version
Purveyor

Posted: Apr 07, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
In the Batch Edit function in the new version, it's not obvious that the various fields have dropdowns. I'm sure that the arrows were eliminated to make the interface simpler and less cluttered. Still, a bit confusing.

Also, I think that the ON/OFF switch should automatically become "ON" when a field value is changed.

And, there's no longer any warning when deleting tasks. I realize that the tasks can be undeleted in Account Settings but it's one task at a time. In Batch Edit, I often delete several tasks at a time. It seems to me that a warning is still a good idea.

Edited: Did I somehow turn off the warning by disabling popups?

This message was edited Apr 07, 2017.
Salgud

Posted: Apr 10, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I particularly agree with #2, ON/OFF should automatically go off.
Sabina A.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. Having to manually switch the ON/OFF button adds more confirmation to the change and prevents mistakes from happening on large quantities of tasks. Perhaps if we add a "Revert Changes" option in the future, then we can do what you suggested.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2017.
vincent.duckworth

Posted: Jun 25, 2017
Batch edit is working inconsistently for me. I changed all the durations = worked. I changed all the contexts = DID NOT WORK. I changed all the folders = DID NOT WORK
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 26, 2017
When it did not work, what exactly happened? Did none of the changes take effect, or only some of them? Did you flip the switch to the "on" position for the context/folder you were trying to edit?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.