ForumsQuestionsRecently Completed Tasks time frame

Recently Completed Tasks time frame
melaniephd

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I don't want Toodledo to clear completed tasks, but as it is, they only stay in my list for a week. Is there any way to change that or will you consider it? Thanks.
Anders

Posted: Jul 14, 2009
You can view completed tasks for as long as they are kept on the site (configurable in Account Settings) if you go to History on the sidebar.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 16, 2009
People with a free account can only view the last 1 week of completed tasks, even though they are saved on the site for up to 6 months (based on your account settings). If you upgrade to a Pro subscription, it will unlock your complete history and allow you to retain tasks for longer than 6 months.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Jake,

Currently I am trying to configure my views so that I can see completed tasks for longer than 1 week. I have a Pro-Plus account. However I can't seem to get them showing unless I click on the "Show completed tasks" at each folder change. Is there a way to have them show normally for a longer period? The Help pages seem to indicate that I can but I can't find the setting.

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: OK, I think I finally have it: Individual filter settings within each view? That works, though is there a global setting for all views? If not I can certainly live with the individual filters. It would just be dimwitted of me to do that if there does happen to be a setting for all views! Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 18, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Filters are all per view. Your filter settings will be saved though, so you only have to set them once per view.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Thanks Anders. Works better for me now that I am using it. A global setting would actually have been a problem after all.

Thanks again for your help!

Jim
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Posted by Anders:
Filters are all per view. Your filter settings will be saved though, so you only have to set them once per view.

This is not working correctly. Back when we discussed this almost two weeks ago it did seem to work OK. However today I am working in the same folder as then but every time I refresh the view - by leaving and coming back to it, or adding a task; whatever action forces the page refresh - all completed tasks do show but of course none of my subtasks are nested. as soon as I click on "Toggle Subtasks" the completed subtasks are missing and that note appears saying, "There are also 3 old completed subtasks that are not displayed. Show?" So I have to click that every time or they are missing.

Why are they hidden? They were completed JUST over one week ago, but I am a Pro & Plus subscriber and I am supposed to have the infinite display of completed tasks if I filter them as such. BTW the filter is set to show completed tasks. Also, in my Account Settings I have "Delete Completed Tasks" set to "Never".

Is this a bug? Or some other "feature" that I haven't figured out yet?

Jim
Anders

Completed tasks will be shown in your general lists for a week if the Recently Completed filter is off. There are other ways you can view your older completed tasks. See this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86
I don't know why toggling subtasks would change your filter settings, but if the completed tasks are more than a week old, they should not be showing at all.
J-Mac

Posted by Anders:
Completed tasks will be shown in your general lists for a week if the Recently Completed filter is off. There are other ways you can view your older completed tasks. See this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86
I don't know why toggling subtasks would change your filter settings, but if the completed tasks are more than a week old, they should not be showing at all.

Not true, according to the Help pages and Jake's comment above.

Jim
Anders

I'm not sure what you mean. No matter what type of account you have, the only tasks that will show in your general lists are ones completed in the last week, and then only if the Recently Completed filter is off. You have to use Advanced Search or History to view older completed tasks.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.