ForumsQuestionsReminder Syncing not working?

Reminder Syncing not working?
DSM

Posted: May 08, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have an iPhone 6 with the Toodledo App. I notice that, if I leave Reminder Syncing turned off, I can use Siri to create Reminders in the usual way in the Reminders app on the iPhone. If I turn on Reminder Syncing (with Delete, if that makes a difference), then the reminder doesn't show up in the iPhone Reminders App or in the Toodledo Reminders folder. Any idea why?

Correct me if I'm wrong - once a reminder has been created in any of the subfolders of the Reminders App, Toodledo will pick it up and add it to the Reminders folder (and delete it if that option is on). The use of Siri is not necessary to trigger Toodledo, right?

Also, I see several subfolders in the Reminders App now -- how does Toodledo handle this? I take it that the subfolders are so that you could send a reminder to somebody else in the family, but I haven't tried that.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 08, 2017
If you have the Reminders syncing turned on, then any task that makes it into Apple Reminders will be brought into Toodledo, regardless of if it was added via Siri or manually.

I believe that folders inside Apple Reminders are ignored. All tasks are imported without regard to what folder they are in.
DSM

Posted: May 28, 2017
All right, let's go to the next step. I think I just cleaned up some tasks in an unexpected place and now I'm thinking that they were associated with this issue. So, next questions:

1. After Reminder Sync picks up the task from the iPhone, does it *ALWAYS* place it in the Reminders folder on Toodledo?

2.. Are there automated ways of processing a reminder from the Reminder folder into some other folder (not IFTTT)? If so, what?

I said above in this issue that, when I turned Reminder Syncing on and created an iPhone reminder (SIRI), the reminder totally disappeared. I didn't see it on the iPhone anymore and I didn't see it in the Reminder folder on Toodledo. I think I just found the reminders in another folder which was unexpected for me and deleted them. Then I came here, remembered this thread, and put two and two together. Thus my questions above.

Is that clear?
DSM

Posted: May 29, 2017
Ah ha! It's obeying my Defaults! That's not nice! Reminders should be treated differently than new tasks. You know that this is a reminder because it is being added by Reminder Sync. It should, therefore, not follow the Toodledo defaults, but rather always go into the Reminders folder for further processing. After all, someone may have setup advanced reminder processing via IFTTT that watches the Reminder folder.
DSM

Posted: May 29, 2017
Aww! If you remove the Defaults in the iOS app, then the reminders wind up with no Folder! That's no good either -- what good is the Reminders folder if the reminders don't wind up in the folder?!? Haven't you guys used this? What is your use-case? Could you explain it in an FAQ?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 31, 2017
Toodledo has no way of knowing that you made a folder called "Reminders" that you want the tasks from Apple Reminders to go into. A task that comes in from Reminders is treated just like any other new task and your defaults are applied the same as if you added the task normally. In the future we may allow you to treat those tasks differently as they get added.
DSM

Posted: Jun 07, 2017
Hmmm. You don't know about the Reminders folder?!? I don't think I created it. The "Reminders" folder and the "Inbox" folder are the only two folders that have a little diamond next to them in the folders list on the Toodledo Tasks webpage (Tasks page / Folders list). I assumed that that meant these were two required folders and were being used for specific purposes by Toodledo. I'm confused.

Hmmm. So I'll have to have all the tasks default into an inbox (including reminders) and then process them later.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 07, 2017
The diamond means that its a private folder that will not be shared with your collaborators. You can set any folder to be private on the Folder Management page.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.