ForumsQuestionsnew layout : illogical behaviour in ‘quick add’ autocomplete

new layout : illogical behaviour in ‘quick add’ autocomplete
itp

Posted: May 21, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
This happens only in the new layout. Fairly easy to reproduce :

In quick add, the order of suggestions after a slash is no longer optimal:

I have two contexts called A10 and Me. When typing "/A1” the default suggestion is “Due Today”. When typing “/Me” the default suggestion is “Someday”

In the old (default) layout one can directly confirm the correct defaults by pressing enter or tab. In the new layout you have to press key down one or two times: this feels like the equivalent of a small speedbump for my worfklow

thx
pascal
pawelkaleta

Posted: May 21, 2017
I've just tested it and it looks it has something to do with typing "/a" + any digit - then it always suggests "Due Today" or "Start Today" no matter if you have the context with similar name defined or not. I don't have any context containing the string "a1" or "a2" etc. but it still suggests "Due Today" or "Start Today" in Quick Add.

It works like this also for /a3, /a4 ... /a23. When you type /a24 it suggests "Due Tomorrow" instead :)
and for higher numbers it doesn't suggest anything.

If it comes to "/Me" it simply shows this becasue "Someday" contains the string "me", I guess.

This message was edited May 21, 2017.
itp

Posted: May 22, 2017
In the current layout, the behaviour seems to be that contexts (and probably also folders) have a priority over non-text fields (like dates) when doing the pattern matching. I think this is a reasonable way of working. I’m interested to know what would be the reason - if any - to change this in the new layout.

pascal
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: May 22, 2017
Thanks for the bug report. We'll look into this and see what we can do to make it pick the better suggestion first.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.