ForumsQuestionsRelative date options for saved search

Relative date options for saved search
pete_cc

Posted: May 25, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I've been trying out save searches and it seems that, for date fields, you can type things like "tomorrow", "today" etc. instead of picking a date from the popup. So to include started tasks you can have "Start date - is before - tomorrow" - which works fine on the website and on the android app.

However, to include tasks that will start in the next week, "Start date - is before - 7 days" works on the website but doesn't work on android. However, "Start date - is before - next week" seems to work on both.

I want to set up a number of this sort of thing - is there a description of the full allowable syntax for date fields (and what platforms they work on) anywhere?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
We didnt write our own date interpretation software, so we have relied on 3rd party software to do this for us. The Android app uses different software than our Tasks section does. They handle the normal things the same. So you can type "March 3" or "Today" and it will be the same, but when you start straying from the normal words and start using relative dates like "7 days" one may work and the other may not. I do not know if either software library provides a complete list of the phrases they are capable of interpreting.

If you want to get technical and investigate, here is the library we use for both Android and the new Tasks section:
https://github.com/wanasit/chrono

Here is what we use for the current "classic" Tasks section:
http://php.net/manual/en/datetime.formats.relative.php

Instead of "start date - is before - 7 days" you could make this rule: "Start date - is in the next - 7 - days". And it would work the same everywhere.
pete_cc

Thanks for the information but what is the difference between the 'new' and 'classic' tasks sections - I can only see one task section?

This message was edited May 25, 2017.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
If the URL says www.toodledo.com/tasks then this is the "classic" version. If you click the ! button at the bottom of that page you can preview our new tasks section which will have a URL of tasks.toodledo.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.