ForumsQuestionsShow filtered folder view with only tasks due soon

Show filtered folder view with only tasks due soon
bgold

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a way, in folder view, to show only projects due "soon," however defined? I'm using Toodledo with GTD so each folder is a project. I want to filter out tasks that are not due in the next few days (or this week, or whatever) so I can focus on what's most immediate.

I thought this would be a basic question but can't find the answer in the FAQ or on this forum. There does not seem to be a filtering option by due date, and when viewing by due date there is no sorting option for folders.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Anders

There are a few ways to do it. See this help topic: https://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=77
I tend to use Start Dates, and that works well, but you can use Due Date modifiers if you don't like the idea of Start Dates.
Anders

BTW, you absolutely can sort by Folder in Due Date View. You can sort by anything in any View as a matter of fact.
Linden

Posted by Anders:
BTW, you absolutely can sort by Folder in Due Date View. You can sort by anything in any View as a matter of fact.

Just in case it's hard to find, you can sort by any single criteria by clicking the heading name. If you want to sort by 2 criteria (or 3 with a Pro account), you can click "Sort" near the top and choose the fields from dropdown boxes.

Also, I've *finally* figured out those Hide X Tasks filters too. They were very confusing for me for some reason.

In case they were confusing for bgold, too:
* Hide "Deferred" Tasks hides tasks based on Status
* Hide "Future" Tasks hides tasks based on start and due dates. (Anything starting after today or due more than a week in the future.)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.