ForumsQuestionsChrome opens Toodledo out of the blue . ., .

Chrome opens Toodledo out of the blue . ., .
raffee

Posted: Jun 01, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I have been running TD under Chrome (latest version) and Windows 10 Pro /64-bit without any significant issues for some time. Then, about 2-3 weeks ago Chrome started opening a new tab showing my TD site in my preferred view (old site, not new). This would happen periodically, every 6 hours at the same minute time. I tried some initial investigating and got nowhere. It wasn't too much of a problem, although perplexing in origin. Then it seemed to go away for 3-4 days.

One morning after I went to my machine, I saw that Chrome had over 800 tabs open, almost all of them pointing to my TD site. Yikes . . after closing all these tabs, I knew I needed to do a more comprehensive troubleshooting. I tried everything I could think of: couldn't find any mention of this problem online; performed a large number of virus scans, online and offline, ran Malwarebytes and a bunch of others, and everything came up completely clean; the regular nature of the un-wanted tabs suggested some sort of Task Scheduler event so searched there and found nothing; also spent a few hours with Event Viewer and came up with nothing, very much to my surprise; and tried diagnosing with a host of other methods, all leading to nothing.

This last insanity of almost 1000 tabs was 2 days ago . . and now nothing since. I have a bad feeling it will hit soon again. I tried using Chrome's Task Manager to catch hold of this thing and while it could do so, I found no info of any value. I am not too sure anyone will be able to help since this issue seems to be quite rare (n=1, apparently!). But I would certainly appreciate in advance any advice or suggestions.

--richard
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Very strange. I have not seen this happen, and I can't think of what we could be doing that would cause 1000 new tabs to open. Has anyone else experienced this?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.