ForumsQuestionsHelp! How do I import task data from xml file into Toodledo?

Help! How do I import task data from xml file into Toodledo?
hdemasse

Posted: Jul 15, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I have been using Toodledo with Appigo Todo daily,syching the two together each day. Until today, both were working great. When I went to use Toodledo on my Ipod touch today, I noticed there was no number on it (for # of tasks left for the day). Toodledo would appear to launch, then a blank screen for about a second, then return me to the home page. I tried exporting my Toodledo info to an xml file, then deleted and re-installed Toodledo. My list of tasks appeared at the Toodledo website upon import & looked correct. After I imported the xml file into Toodledo on Itouch, it opened but it was blank--no restored task data. I tried syching the Ipod incl. all apps w/Itunes. Toodledo was still blank. The tasks were still in Appigo Todo organized correctly. I disabled automatic sync in Todo, so the nonexistent info in Toodledo wouldn't override the tasks arranged correctly in Todo. Once I did this all the files in Todo duplicated & became disorganized.

I even tried restoring Ipod. Didn't help.

What do I need to do to get all my tasks in xml file back in Toodledo & Todo & once again organized? Nothing I've tried has worked & there is no documentation anywhere on how to fix this problem. Please help.

Hope I have provided enough detail.

Helena D

Update:
1) More clarification above of problem & things tried.

2) New: Each time I go into Appigo, it syncs automatically w/Toodledo & I end up with more & more duplicated files in Todo. Appigo Todo, in addition to Toodledo has become completely unusable to me. I need to get to these tasks--I need to get to these tasks every day & I've already forgotten some of them since this problem started. I can't access my task data at all & I really need to be able to use Toodledo again with Appigo Todo. Please, please, please respond soon & help me. I'm desperate
Anders

Just to make sure I understand correctly, you are using both the official Toodledo app and Appigo's Todo on your iPod. Your tasks are all messed up, and you have an XML file you downloaded from this site that has everything on it. If that is correct, this is what I would do.

In Toodledo iPhone app:
-Turn off synchronization
-Purge Data, Delete All tasks

In Todo:
- Turn off synchronization

On Toodledo.com:
-Delete all tasks from Account Settings (maybe get another export backup first just to be safe)
-Import your XML file

In Toodledo iPhone:
-Start synchronization again (you could do a "force Toodledo.com->iPhone sync" though I don't think it is necesarry)

In Todo:
-Under Synchronization->Advanced, tap "Reset Synchronization Data".

Then you should be good to go.
Anders

Also, you import the XML file on the same page that you downloaded it from: https://www.toodledo.com/connect_xml.php

This message was edited Jul 15, 2009.
hdemasse

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
Yes, I'm using official Toodledo app and Appigo Todo on my Ipod.

1) I turned off synchronization in Appigo Todo.
2) I could not get into Toodledo Ipod app to turn off the synchronization or purge data, delete all tasks, as you advised. Whenever I open Toodledo, it crashes and I can't get past the blank screen.
3) I backed up my entire library, incl. Toodledo & other apps to DVD
4) I exported XML file, deleted all tasks from Account Settings at Toodledo.com, then imported XML file.
5) I'm hesitant about doing anything with Appigo Todo beyond disabling synchronization with Toodledo, as I'm currently relying on Todo for my daily tasks & don't want to risk messing up or losing Todo's tasks.
6) I am still running Ipod OS 2. My understanding is that OS 3.0 is for Iphone, which I don't have (I have Ipod Touch) and that it cost an additional $10. My understanding is that I don't need OS 3.0 unless I have the Iphone, but could that be why Toodledo has stopped working for me?
7) I am not able to reset the sync status because I can't get to the Synchronization Settings—blank screen, can't get past it.
8) I am not able to reset Ipod with Purge Data or Modify Account Login because, again I can't get into the Synchronization Settings in Toodledo app on my Ipod.
9) I could still have my data in Toodledo app, but if I get nothing but a blank screen, how can I even get past the blank screen to find out?

Any other suggestions?
Anders

Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Three things. The new Toodledo version does require OS 3.0. Toodledo is looking into why Apple allowed user with 2.21 download the version which should not have been possible. Are your tasks correct anywhere? (on the website, in Todo, etc.)
Do you realize that Todo "Project tasks" and " checklists" which sync as Toodledo subtasks if you have the necesarry Pro account will sync as regular tasks if you have a basic Toodledo account?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.