ForumsQuestionsPerformance Issue on iPhone 3GS

Performance Issue on iPhone 3GS
brianrock

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am still early in my diagnosis of an issue with ToodleDo, but I am curious if anyone else is experiencing similar problems.

Problem : iPhone 3GS began hanging for short periods of time during various (random) usage. i.e. Clicking on home button would freeze for 3-5 seconds and then start. Opening iTunes or Camera would freeze for 3-5 seconds at various times.

So, I took the phone back to Apple Store thinking I had a lemon. After some diagnostics the apple guy determined that toodledo was causing a resource constraint on the phone. Considering I had the phone for 1.5 weeks and my task list steadily grew, this seems plausible.

For further troubleshooting, I removed toodledo app from my iPhone for the last 3 days. No freezes and no hangups since the removal. I am about to put the application back on my iPhone to see if the problem resumes.

Has any one else experienced anything else like this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Since Apple does not allow iPhone apps to run in the background, I have no idea why having our app loaded on your iPhone would cause any sort of issues when the app wasn't running. In fact, Apple's reason for not allowing third-party apps to run in the background is to avoid these resource constraints in the first place.

Did the Apple guy say anything more than "Resource constraint"?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.