ForumsQuestions1 account --> Push to multiple iphones

1 account --> Push to multiple iphones
GRuizMD

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
As the subject says

Is it possible with one account to have the info pushed to multiple iphones?

Currently my wife and I use toodledo for the iPhone in our phones, it correctly displays the info and keeps it sync'ed if changes in either phone are done; however, the push notification works in a non consistent way, sometimes I get the notification, sometimes she gets it, but never both phones...

Is this a current limitation on apples push notification strategy?

or Is there something I have to set up?

If it can not be done, will two pro accounts with shared "folders" will let me have push notifications showing in both phones?

Thanks!

Great program BTW

This message was edited Jul 16, 2009.
Gruizmd

Posted: Jul 17, 2009
Just bumping in case someone knows...
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2009
Sorry, it is not possible to have one account push to two different iPhones.
GRuizMD

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Thanks!
This is what I need to accomplish:

joint list of things to do between my Wife and me in which I can write stuff for her to do and she gets a notification and she can do the same for me.

What combination or set up will be able to accomplish this?
Anders

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
If you both want to receive notifications, there are two ways I can think of.
-Use SMS (set up both phones email to SMS addresses). Pretty simple and you may have thought of it, and has obvious disadvantages(SMS=$, can't take you to the task in the app, etc.).
-Get seperate Pro accounts and use collaboration options. You can then assign tasks with reminders to one another. The disadvantages here are that collaboration features are not in the app, so you can only assign tasks, view shared folders, etc. on the website, and to both get a reminder for the same task, you will have to clone it and reassign one copy.
todo

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Additional question to the topic:

When syncing multiple iPhones with one account, which iPhone will receive the "Push" notifications?
Anders

That is actually the problem that started this thread. It seems that you cannot predict which iPhone will receive the push notifications. They could be sent to any one of the devices randomly. If you are using 1 Toodledo account with multiple phones, then your only option would be to use SMS reminders instead.
Anders

I suppose if you want all the notifications to go to one particular device, you could disable notifications for the Toodledo app on the other devices, leaving just one with Notifications enabled. It seems like that should work, but I am not 100% certain.
GRuizMD

Thank you everyone for your responses

I have tested push with 1 account and 2 phones and the behavior is unpredictable in regards to who gets notified....

The option of 2 collaborating pro accounts with with each phone receiving notifications would be perfect if we could do this with the phone and not have to go to the web to set up the task etc

The third option, a regular account and SMS reminders, seem to be the best of the bunch so far, but is not perfect: Every time an SMS is sent, the sender gets an unique id number, 0610001 or something like this, I tried to rename this number as "toodledo" in my contacts, so my Alerts would have that name, but the next message will come with a different number something like 0610002, and so on...

I will stay tuned for future changes on the iphone app that let people edit shared stuff from the phone, so I can buy another pro account and combine it with my wife's

Thanks

If somebody has another idea, please share here...

GRuizMD
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2009
If you have two iPhones syncing to the same Toodledo account, the iPhone that last launched Toodledo will be the one to get the push reminder.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.