ForumsQuestionsCan I "hide" a folder?

Can I "hide" a folder?
Stan_B

Posted: Jul 16, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is is possible to "hide" a folder and all its content?

Here is the situation.
At work, I work on specific projects with clear start- and end-dates, resources, etc. When starting a new project, there are maybe 10 - 12 standard tasks I should perform each time (say, set up kick-off meeting, declare to the HR department who is going to work on the project for how long, etc.).

I'd like to create a folder with all those tasks once and for all. Most of the time, I'd "hide" this folder and to-dos so they do not clutter my actual to-do list.
When a new project starts, I can duplicate the whole thing, , un-hide, re-name the folder "Project X", and I can start managing the project with my pre-populated 10 - 12 to-dos.

Any comments / ideas on how to do this?

I hope I am clear.

Thanks!
Anders

The only thing that can be filtered out like that is Contexts. It can't be done with filters. What I like to do is use Toodledo's Dividers. You can sort by Folder and toggle dividers. That way you can open only the dividers for Folders You want to see.

Another thing you could do is give all the tasks in that Folder a status like Hold while they are not current, and they will be hidden by the Deferred Filter, or give the tasks a start date and hide them with the Future Tasks filter.
Anders

I just reread your post, and noticed you are basically using these tasks as a template. What I do for that is give them the Reference status which is also hidden by the Deferred filter.
Stan_B

Thanks Anders --

you are right about the "template" comment. I'll play with the "Reference" status for those tasks and see how it goes.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 18, 2009
You could also use subtasks, and use our new "clone task" tool to quickly make a copy of a task and all its subtasks. You could hide this template by giving it a -1 priority.
Stan_B

Posted: Jul 19, 2009
Thanks --- I think that's the best idea.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.