ForumsQuestionsNew Tasks View: Calendar sidebar in Dates: how to use?

New Tasks View: Calendar sidebar in Dates: how to use?
frindley

Posted: Jul 18, 2017
Score: 1 Reference
I'm having difficulty navigating/using the new Calendar view under Tasks: Dates
Have basic how-to instructions been posted anywhere for this yet? If not, could some be prepared?

For example, I quickly worked out that I had to double-click on a date to select it rather than single-click as in the past. This is a bore but I'll get used to it. But the process for selecting multiple dates (including not selecting multiple dates when I don't want to!) isn't very clear/intuitive. I thought I had worked out how it operated but it's not behaving consistently/as expected.

So prominently posted instructions (for desktop/laptops as well as mobile devices) would be nice. I expect they don't have to be very involved, just available.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Score: 0 Reference
The new Calendar view allows you to select any range of dates. This is an improvement over the old calendar that could not do this. To use the new calendar, you click once to select the start date and then click again to select the end date. If you wish to select a single day then you would click that date twice to make it both the start and end date.
frogboy

Score: 0 Reference
Just noticed the new Calender - it's great! Thanks Jake :)

This message was edited Jul 18, 2017.
frindley

Posted: Jul 24, 2017
Score: 2 Reference
Posted by Jake:
…To use the new calendar, you click once to select the start date and then click again to select the end date. If you wish to select a single day then you would click that date twice to make it both the start and end date.

I believe the main problem I was experiencing is that there is clearly a difference between what I would call a "double-click" (i.e. two clicks in close succession) and what you are referring to as "clicking twice" or "two clicks" (where the clicks can be separated by an indefinite amount of time).

In Toodledo's calendar I need to learn that "two clicks" is what it's all about. If I double-click too quickly and it isn't registered as such then that counts as one click and then it's essential that I click only once again to correct this. If I try a second double-click then Toodledo registers that as the second click plus a new single click and I end up both not selecting the date I want and inadvertently dragging my mouse over some unwanted date range.

Obviously I can learn this, but it's not very intuitive…
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.