ForumsQuestionsTotal lengths & total timers: common scale please?

Total lengths & total timers: common scale please?
frindley

Posted: Jul 19, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
I'm sure I raised this some years ago. The new user interface has just reminded me that it remains an issue.

I frequently use the total times at the bottom of a task list to work out how much time I need/whether I've over-scheduled myself and so on.

Which means I'm also often needing to subtract the Total Timers value (i.e. elapsed time on any partially finished tasks) from the Total Lengths value (total estimated time).

While it's probably good for my mental agility, I find it annoying that Total Timers uses hh:ss to display the time while Total Lengths uses a decimal value, so 1.5 hours, for example, instead of 1h 30m.

Is there any reason why they can't be the same?

I don't really much care whether it's decimal or hours/mins (although the latter makes more sense overall) but it would be really, really great if they could both be the same. The provision these totals (which is great and one of the things that made me choose Toodledo in the first place!) would be so much more useful if they allowed users to quickly calculate the total time required for the task list in view.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 20, 2017
Score: 0 Reference
Thanks for pointing this out.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.