ForumsQuestionsProgram Failure

Program Failure
Cookie

Posted: Jul 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've had the Toodledo program on my iPOD for a about three months and just recently when I attempted to open it on my iPod i get sent back to the home page that the program icon is on. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and now I just get a blank black screen. I would like assistance in resolving this issue. Thank you!
Anders

The new version of the app is not compatible with OS 3.0. Apple was not supposed to allow downloads by people still running OS 2.21, but for some reason they are letting at least some people download it even though it will not work on their devices. If you still have the old version on your computer, delete the new version from your iPod, and sync to reinstall the old version. See this thread for more: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/2/2490/0/ipod-touch-app-hanging-on-startup.html

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009.
Cookie

I am not familiar with the OS 3.0 or OS 2.21 versions you are referring to. I've only had one version of the application as my iPod was purchased in April and when I downloaded the Toodledo app shortly thereafter, it worked until last week! So I'm confused on why it's worked for a few months and now it doesn't. Thanks for your assistance.
Anders

The operating systems (OS) are the software of the whole iPhone/iPod. The software was recently updated from version 2.21 to OS 3.0, a major update. Apple updated iPhones automatically for free, but iPod owners must pay $10 for the upgrade. Many applications are being updated for OS 3.0. The Toodledo app was updated with a version that is not compatible with OS 2.21. Apple should not have allowed people with the old OS to download the update, but they seem to have screwed up. The only solutions are to install a backup of the older version of the Toodledo app if you have one, or to upgrade your iPod to OS 3.0.

This message was edited Jul 20, 2009.
Cookie

Okay, thanks for the explanation!
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.