ForumsQuestionsGetting Tasks into email

Getting Tasks into email
Wechsler

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
i have tried many times to send an email to toodledo with the syntax in the command line to simply send me todays to dos but never get a reply. I am sending to the email address that was created when i setup the sync function in toodledo.
any help would be appreciated
Anders

This is where you set up email with Toodledo, and get your Toodledo email address: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_email.php

If that is what you have been using, I don't know why it is not working. Maybe if you could give an example of exactly what you are typing in the email to your Toodledo address.

Also, if you just want today's tasks, you can have your hotlist automatically emailed to you daily. To set that up, go to your Account Settings, and click "edit" after "Login Email", Check the box that says "Get a Daily Email Reminder", and click "Save Changes".
Wechsler

thanks for your reply. the funny thing is that i am getting my hotlist without problem and i can add tasks from email but i cant get my task list to be sent to me when i request them via email.

ie. i send an email with the following in the subject and get nothing back

?#today

thanks in advance
Anders

The syntax "?#today" should work. In fact, I just tried it, and it worked fine. Two things:
-Check your spam box
-Make sure you are looking for the return email in the account for your login email. No matter where you email your request from, Toodledo's reply will always be sent to your login email.
Wechsler

again i appreciate your help here but i am looking at the correct account....

2. it is not in spam or being filtered by anthing, i am looking at my raw inbox

3. i get other emails from tooldedo as i said earlier, i get the hotlist each morning and i can get a list on demand from the website by selecting a folder.

I cant get a response when i request via email?
so somehow my request is not being processed?
any other suggestions? anybody??
Jake

Toodledo Founder
My first guess was spam filters since it was working for me and Anders, but since you said that you checked your spam filters, I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll log a bug and look into it.
Wechsler

if you send me an email address for yourself i will be happy to send you the email address i am sending my requests to. my guess is you may already have it but if not let me know

my login is:

[email protected]
Wechsler

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Posted by Toodledo:
My first guess was spam filters since it was working for me and Anders, but since you said that you checked your spam filters, I'm not sure what the problem is. I'll log a bug and look into it.

toodledo/admin-
do you think you could suggest a work around until you have a chance to see whats going on?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 23, 2009
I have checked the server logs and the emails are being sent, so they are getting lost somewhere in the middle. Your ISP may be doing extra spam filter. I can see that you are using comcast. They are almost certainly doing spam filtering before it even shows up in your inbox. We've gotten other reports from comcast customers complaining about un-received emails too. We don't really know what is going on right now, since the emails are being sent.
Wechsler

thank you for your quick response and checking the email logs

this is helpful but what i dont understand is why i get the daily hotlist no problem every day but i cant get emails on demand. are those emails being sent with a different from address? if so please tell me what it is so i can try and get comcast to whitlist it.

thanks again
dave
Anders

My email reminders come from remind(at)toodledo.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.