ForumsQuestionsJust Purchased - Still Confused about Alarms/Notification.

Just Purchased - Still Confused about Alarms/Notification.
marcus263

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
*Bare with me for a sec...

Hi, I just purchased the App on iTunes, then followed the instructions given here: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=85

I'm not sure if the instructions are up-to-date, but I quote from the website:

"Once you complete these steps, any task that has a due-date AND an alarm set will receive an alert. To set an alarm for a task:

...On the iPhone: Edit the "Alarm" field for a task and set a value. Be sure to sync the task back to Toodledo.com, so that the website knows to send you a reminder."

Where is the "Alarm field" on the iPhone? I checked the iTunes update status and it says "Changed the Word Alarm to Remind Me to be more consistent with the website and to be more intuitive"...

So I set the Due Date for Today, and Due Time, 5 mins ahead of current time as a test, to see the notification, but it doesn't send anything. I then noticed the "remind..." field, but it says remind "None" or "1 Hour" before... I set it to 1 Hour, so does this mean that it will remind me 1 hour before my Due time? Can I not set times in minutes? Like 15 etc?

Confusion is not the word - Totally maxed out on bafflement.
marcus263

After playing around just noticed that the notification works if it is set to 1 hour before.

The app has a serious limitation if you want to incorporate it into a working environment. Is there no way to add in minutes, e.g. 15 minutes before? For instance:

1. I have a client meeting at 4:00PM
2. I have set a Task to call the Solicitor at 4:45PM set with remind me 1 Hour before.
3. This means I get notified of this task at 3:45PM while I am driving to meet the client

While I'm at this meeting, I'll just lose track of time and forget about my Call to the Solicitor. If I had a reminder 15 minutes before, I could prepare to close the meeting and get to a phone to call the solicitor's firm.

I know the work around is to set it one hour before you "intend" to do anything about it, in my case; my solicitor Call is at 4:45PM, I would have to set the "Due Time" to 5:30PM, just so that I get a notification at 4:30PM.

Seems like a hassle, would be easier to do it in local calendar and just sync off that...

This message was edited Jul 21, 2009.
Anders

Users with a basic Toodledo account only get the 1-hour lead time option. That will send you a notification 1 hour (55-65 minutes to be precise) before the task's due time. Users with a Pro Toodledo account have more options, from 15 minutes to days in advance.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.