ForumsQuestionsShort-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?

Short-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?
Alisa

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Is there a short-cut key to Toggle Subtasks?

Thanks
Anders

Posted: Jul 21, 2009
No. I suggested this a while ago in another thread on keyboard shortcuts, and I think it would be a nice addition.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
The way Subtasks are handled in Toodledo is the main reason I don't use Toodledo as much as I would like.

Requests to make Subtasks user-configurable to always show them nested for more than a year now have gone unheeded. Anything you do at all in Toodledo causes the subtasks to become "un-nested", requiring another click on the toggle link. Can't tell you how many times I hit the Print button just before realizing that the subtasks are not where I need to see them. And that is after clicking the Toggle button at least a couple dozen times while working on my task list for maybe ten minutes.

I think it is safe to assume that this behavior will never be fixed. Oh well.

Jim
ablank

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
I got a similiar "problem", but did you found this: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/2304/0/greasemonkey-firefox-script-for-auto-show-subtasks.html

Additionaly I give every task which has a subtask a star and sort first by star.

This makes my life so much easier :)
Anders

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Sorting by star is a nice method, but I wanted to make sure you guys were aware that you can now sort by "Task/Subtask" to get the same effect without having to use stars.
Proximo

I really enjoy Toodledo and use it all day. At work and home.

I am patiently waiting for Sub-task to be improved and for Projects to be supported.

How long will it be? Not sure, but I know many of us are waiting for this major update and I know several people I introduced to Toodledo are not using it because of this.

Let's just hope this is on top of the list.
Vin Thomas

Posted by Proximo:
I am patiently waiting for Sub-task to be improved and for Projects to be supported.

I think many of us are waiting for that. Toodledo is the best task management tool hands down, but they could really use help in those areas.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Andy,

Yes, I saw that post and I tried to use that script but I don't have it working right. If it were an installable GM script I could use it but I'm not going to play with it anymore as is.

Jim
Anders

Posted: Jul 24, 2009
Good idea. I may make it an installable script if no one else does.
J-Mac

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Anders,

I would certainly do it but since I can't seem to get it working as it is, I don't want to create it as a script at the GM site and then have it not working for anyone who installs it there!

Jim
Anders

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.