ForumsQuestionsGetting a pro subscription

Getting a pro subscription
Andrew

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi there,

Recently I was thinking about getting a pro subscription because Toodledo has already proven to be an amazing service. The only thing is that I'm under 20 years of age and I don't exactly have an income.

I was wondering if you still offered that +1 month thing from the Rackspace outage? If not, then I'll just wait until the next super radical feature comes out, like the recent custom reminders for EACH task. That I find quite impressive.
Anders

Toodledo posted on June 11 that the extra month would be offered for 30 days, so it seems that it would not still be available. Toodledo's Pro service is relatively cheap, but as a college student, a get the whole no income thing :)
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You could try to convince some of your friends/family to use Toodledo and then take advantage of our referral program to get yourself a free Pro account.

http://www.toodledo.com/referal.php
Andrew

I'm willing to bet money that I am the only person in my entire school that uses Toodledo. I might try rich family though...

Waiting until the next big feature it is.
Linden

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
This sounds a bit like a pushy sales pitch -- sorry. Basically, I just want to share my 2-cents as a recent graduate.

I graduated just over a year ago and only discovered Toodledo at the beginning of this year. I upgraded to the Pro version almost right away, mainly for the subtasks, but also because the chains and statistics looked like something I wanted. I had intended to use it only for personal things, but it has transformed my ability to keep up with projects at my job now, as well.

In my experience, my courses would have been MUCH easier to manage with this kind of tool. I decided not to go to grad school, due to burnout, and I suspect that might not have been a problem if I'd had Toodledo.

The subtasks make it really easy to break down something like writing a paper into smaller steps. You can make a parent task that relates to a class project and then enter all the little steps needed to get it from concept to completion. It is my #1 weapon against procrastination. (And the scheduler is great for getting me moving in those moments when I can't decide what to do next.)

Obviously, I have no idea what your financial situation is like. I've known people who really were within $15 of the end of their bank account, and every penny was spoken for. For me, $15 was a very small investment to make life loads easier. As a comparison, I would easily spend as much on a night out with friends, or more on a textbook.

It did seem like a big investment, since I'm not in the habit of paying for services online, but I haven't had any regrets. If you would spend $15 on something for class, it might be worth taking the leap.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.