ForumsQuestionsI can't work out how to set reminders to more than one location

I can't work out how to set reminders to more than one location
darren

Posted: Jul 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi,

I just signed up to Toodledo and so far, I like what I see.

I purchased the iPhone app and have enabled the notifications.

I want to set up reminders to both my iPhone and my email address but I have two problems. The first is that iPhone is not appearing as an option in my Reminders/Alarms page - I only have email, SMS or none. Secondly, the wording implies I can set up to five different reminders but I only have one slot to enter enter details and I can't see any obvious way of adding more.

e.g. http://files.getdropbox.com/u/258067/ToodledoReminders.png

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

[Edit]iPhone is now appearing as an option so that's one problem fixed. I still can't seem to add more than one way of receiving reminders though.

[Edit2]After staring at that screen for ages I've realised what it means. At the top it says "you can get reminders at up to 5 different places..." and at the bottom it says "Upgrade to a Pro Subscription and unlock 4 additional slots..." I took that to mean Pro users could get a total of 9 slots but it doesn't does it? That's really confusingly written and needs to be changed so it's clearer IMO.

This message was edited Jul 22, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Yes, basic accounts are limited to one reminder location. Your other notification option would be through Twitter since that is not connected to the regular reminders, and does not take up any slot on the reminder page. Alternatively, you could put your tasks into Google Calendar using Toodledo's iCal subscription, and set as many reminders as you like from Gcal.

This message was edited Jul 23, 2009.
darren

Posted: Jul 23, 2009
Thanks for that Anders. I've tried your suggestion and the notifications from Google aren't coming through. After a bit of fiddling I think it's because Google thinks the timezone for my ical feed is GMT-8 but I am in the UK so it's GMT+1 at the moment. My local time is correct on the Toodledo website.

I found a forum thread about this from a couple of months ago with a fix promised soon. Is it coming (or is it already supposed to have been fixed)?

Thanks.
darren

Posted: Jul 27, 2009
Hi, bumping for a response. However...

The above problem was encountered when using the Google Gadget to import my tasks. Using the ical feed GCal puts the calendar in "(GMT+00:00) GMT (no daylight saving)" which is almost right :S

This message was edited Jul 27, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.