ForumsQuestionsQuck Add feature (and Quick Search)

Quck Add feature (and Quick Search)
Masonfoley

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I've searched on Quick Add in the forums and while I see a couple of people express a desire for it, I'm having trouble locating confirmation of the feature request and if there are plans to implement it.

Quick Add is something I very much would like to see in a task management system. I find it awkward that the "Add Task" button is in the upper right hand corner of the page. It should be one of those "front and center" entry points to functionality in my opinion. This is a task management system and I would think the UI would have just a little more focus on that.

Are there plans to implement quick add?

Is there a way to keep the "Quick Search" toggled such that any time a user lands on the page, the Quick Search edit field is available and ready for input? Having to click on the search feels like an unnecessary step. Especially since it's called "quick". ;)
Anders

Check out Toodledo's keyboard shortcuts: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=18
There are keys for both Add (n), and quick search (f).
Masonfoley

I'm aware of the keyboard shortcuts. Was hoping that there would be some direct support of it in the UI for us anti-keyboard-shortcut folks. ;)

I'll work with the shortcuts for a while and see if I can't get a good feel for it.
cj

Posted: Jul 31, 2009
you can always create a bookmark for the add-task link, and depending on your browser/OS, you can put that bookmark in a number of places (including your taskbar) ... something to think about.
throwerbev

I've found the Google gadget on Igoogle, which is the same as the slim version which I use on my Pre is much faster for adding tasks, you might want to try that.
Anders

If you use Firefox, the Toodledo Addon has a menu button to add a new task, and a sidebar with slim site in it.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.