ForumsQuestionsHave you created the tutorial yet?

Have you created the tutorial yet?
leigh.zeitz

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Toodledo sounds like an impressive product. I was pleased to see that David Allen recommends it for his Get It Done approach.

I noticed that in October, 2008, someone asked if there was an introductory tutorial for Toodledo and you said that you were "planning to do it."

Is it done? Can I find a YouTube tutorial that will provide me with some background for efficiently beginning to use Toodledo?
If so, where is it? I couldn't find it on your site or YouTube.

If not, where does it rank on your To Do list? It shouldn't be too difficult to just create a 5 minutes introductory screencast.

Thanks for creating Toodledo. I look forward to using it.

Leigh Zeitz
Cedar Falls, IA
http://drzreflects.com
Anders

Posted: Jul 30, 2009
I don't think there is an official tutorial anywhere, but you can get alot of good tips in the Tips & Tricks, and Getting Things Done forums. The is also a screencast that another forum member posted here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/1989/0/quick-and-dirty-screencast.html
Vin's system isn't exactly GTD, but you can still get a good feeling for how you can use the site.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jul 31, 2009
Would you mind pointing us to the location where David Allen recommends Toodledo? I haven't seen that yet and would love to read what he says.
jeroen.root

Posted: Aug 01, 2009
Posted by Anders:
The is also a screencast that another forum member posted here: http://www.toodledo.com/forums/3/1989/0/quick-and-dirty-screencast.html
Vin's system isn't exactly GTD, but you can still get a good feeling for how you can use the site.

Agreed - a quick video tutorial is really helpful to get people started. Looking forward to seeing a suite of examples ~ in the near future? :)
leigh.zeitz

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Allen didn't recommend toodledo online. I sent an email to them asking about mac-compatible software to use with toodledo and they said:

---------
Here are the basic ones our clients have success with:

For Mac users implementing GTD, there are 3 programs that are popular Mac/iPhone solutions:
OmniFocus
Daylite by Market Circle
Things

For the PC:
KeyTasks by Chapura, synching to Outlook

For web-based solutions:
Remember the Milk
Toodledo

You'll have to experiment with which one works best for your setup.
-----------
Anders

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Posted by leigh.zeitz:
Allen didn't recommend toodledo online. I sent an email to them asking about mac-compatible software to use with toodledo

I assume you mean "to use with GTD". Is that right?
pmcg

Posted: Oct 30, 2009
Add another vote for a YouTube tutorial or even a quick written orientation. Your hour or two of work would serve as a great marketing tool as people who were "on the fence' about using the product would get a *much* better idea of how they could use your program.

I just bought your Ipod Touch app and registered for your trial pro upgrade. It will take me an hour or so to figure out how to best make use of your app...with a tutorial I would probably spend *half* that time and learn *twice* as much.

C'mon! Someone there can do it! I know you can!

Thanks!

Peter McGovern
Proximo

Posted: Nov 02, 2009
I am all for the tutorials, but they would have to be several.

Toodledo is not catered to any specific system and therefore can be customized to work with the desired system.

There can be a general Toodledo tutorial going over the basic site layout, but there should also be several other tutorials to cover different productivity system approaches.

Even then, you will have several different ways to customize Toodledo for any given system.

Is this getting complicated yet?
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.