ForumsQuestionsSubtasks with context not visible in view folder with sort by co

Subtasks with context not visible in view folder with sort by co
leo.lawless

Posted: Jul 31, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I am a newbee so forgive me if this has already been posted else where ( I couldnt find it)

I set up a folder called 'Work' with a context called 'projects' and context called 'calls'.
I then set up a task called 'Quote for customer ABC' and then created a sub task for this 'Call joe blogs' with a context 'calls'.

When I click on the folder 'Work' and sort by context I cannot see the 'Call joe blogs' task under the context 'calls'

Am I missin something? I know if I click on the arrow to the right of the 'Calls' context in the Folder view it show me a complete list of tasks including those generated as sub tasks? I wanted to see all tasks in the folder 'Work' under each context?

Thanks in advance,

Leo
Anders

Are your subtasks Flattened, or Nested? If they are nested, then you will have to go to the parent task's context, and open the parent task. If your subtasks are Flattened, then the subtasks should show up under the correct context.
leo.lawless

My subtasks are all flattened...but I think I just figured it out!

In the 'work' folder I only see the tasks with no start date or a start date in the past under the context 'calls'

It seems that all other 'calls' with a future start are hidden, but can be seen by clicking on the small arrow to the right, and then all 'calls' can be seen!

Am I right?
Anders

You are correct. A task with a Start Date that has not been reached or a Due Date a considerable distance (depends on your Account Settings) in the future will be hidden, but you can reveal them by clicking Filters, and then Show Future Tasks. Here is more on Filters: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=65
Filter settings are saved, and can be customized on a view by view basis.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.