ForumsQuestionsa couple notes, feature requests and bug reports

a couple notes, feature requests and bug reports
IceHeartX

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I love that you\'re using the silk icons. do you have a credits page anywhere?

you *need* mass edit tools. as nice as the web 2.0 edit in place is it\'s a not streamlined to change contexts on a dozen or more things in a batch.

put a button at the end of the row to indicate set inclusion then any change that you make to any of those items changes the others accordingly. it\'s a simple implementation - the hard part would be a roll back,

another option could be to allow the return results of any to have a button that turned on

after creation of a new folder or context focus should return to the input box to facilitate faster entry ability

you need to stop drag select on the main to do page. I frequently intend to click on a field but end up selecting several rows as text instead of triggering the input box

the add multiple page should expand to fit the width of the screen or at least remember a preference and reopen to the same size. I shouldn\'t have to change the UI every time I use a page, not one that I use so often.

folder, context and goal need to be combo boxes not selects. it\'s is an obstruction to workflow to be halfway through adding a new task (or worse... multiple tasks with the add multiple tool) and you have to save them incomplete to go create a context.

tag should also offer you past values while you\'re typing

and the inability edit in place to add a new context goal or folder is also an obstruction to flow, but less so because at that point you\'re already only saving a single field at a time anyway so jumping views for a minute isn\'t a big deal.

is that calendar widget open source? it\'s quite good and why reinvent the wheel for the project I\'m working on. if it\'s not oss are you able to license it?

bug : display any list of tasks with at least two divided sections. create a new task in each section. drag the first to become a child of the second, in the other section.

take the new child object and move it out of the child position so it\'s no longer a child.

------------------------------------- step 1

section 1-----------------------
task a
section 2-----------------------
task b

------------------------------------- step 2

task a
task b

------------------------------------- step 3

task a
task b

------------------------------------- step 4

task b
task a

------------------------------------- step 5 reload page

when section one and two are far apart in the to do list it is non-obvious why the task has disappeared from the first section.

task b
task a
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for all the suggestions.
Anders

I've tried to figure out the bug you describe, but I cannot see it. Could you explain with a little more detail, like what the criterion you are sorting with is, etc.?
IceHeartX

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Posted by Anders:
I've tried to figure out the bug you describe, but I cannot see it. Could you explain with a little more detail, like what the criterion you are sorting with is, etc.?

I've got a series of step by step screenshots, bot nowhere to send them.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 04, 2009
If you create a support ticket, you can attach your screenshots.
IceHeartX

Posted: Aug 05, 2009
Posted by IceHeartX:

you *need* mass edit tools. as nice as the web 2.0 edit in place is it\'s a not streamlined to change contexts on a dozen or more things in a batch.

put a button at the end of the row to indicate set inclusion then any change that you make to any of those items changes the others accordingly. it\'s a simple implementation - the hard part would be a roll back,

another option could be to allow the return results of any to have a button that turned on

I am a total dofus for saying this before I checked. You can mass edit directly from an advanced search result page. I apologize.

and holy hell I am appreciative
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.