ForumsQuestionsUpgrading iPod OS and Toodledo client

Upgrading iPod OS and Toodledo client
replytoken

Posted: Aug 03, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I held off on upgrading my iPod Touch to OS 3.0 because sometimes I do not wish to be on the "bleeding edge" of technology. I know that Anders upgraded right away, but other had some problems with OS 3.0 and the accompanying Toodledo client. Does anybody know if things are mostly worked out with 3.0 and its TD client, or should I be waiting a bit longer (perhaps there is a 3.1 upgrade in the works)? I do eventually want to upgrade, but the last thing I need right now is hassles with "time saving" technology. Any thoughts?

--Ken
replytoken

Posted: Aug 04, 2009
Well, I hate to read into silence, especially on a forum, but have those who upgraded to 3.0 had no regrets?

--Ken
Anders

I didn't reply because you have already heard my experience. It really seems like only a very small fraction of upgraders had any problems. As long a you make sure to backup any data held in your apps, you should be fine. You might also want to check on the OS 3.0 compatibility of any apps you rely on. Almost all the apps I used are compatible, and those that are not have been abandoned by their devs anyway, so it is time to move on. Trust me, you have no idea how much you have been missing cut&paste :)
Claudio

Or, even, copy and paste ... ;)

Ken, I've had no problems with 3.0 on an iPhone 3G.
replytoken

Thanks, Claudio and Anders. I did not know with hindsight if you had changed your opinions. I will now most likely upgrade to 3.0 this weekend. And, since I will also need to update my TD client,I am assuming that the newest 3.0 compatible version is reasonably stable unless you advise otherwise.

--Ken
Anders

Yup, the newest version is very nice, and rock-solid as far as I know. You will get push notifications, landscape, automatic syncing on edit, and a bunch of other new features. The OS 2.21 version was great, but the new one is even better.
replytoken

Sold! Now let's hope there is still some money in my iTunes account. ;)

--Ken
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.