ForumsQuestionsTask count is wrong in Manage Folders

Task count is wrong in Manage Folders
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jun 01, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
My goal is to move all tasks in one folder to another then delete the old folder. I'll not mention (again) how nice it would be to be able to do this with a bulk change as this feature has been suggested under separate cover). Steps used:

-View by folder
-Click on the appropriate folder tab
-For each task, change the folder name.
-When done, note that you get the "You've changed them all" message so Toodledo knows that all tasks have been moved from the folder
-Click Folders from the left navigator (Folders & Contexts)
-Why does the folder you are about to delete show the number of tasks > 0?

Priority: Low
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 01, 2008
Its possible that the folder still has some tasks in it, but that your filters are hiding them. For example, you could have a negative priority task, or a completed task in the folder.

If all you want to do is change the name of the folder, you can do this inside the folder setup page and you wont have to move all the tasks from one folder to another.
Qrystal

Posted: Jun 02, 2008
It sounds more like Mike might be merging two existing folders into one, a common thing to do when trying to simplify one's productivity system.
MikeKDidIt

Posted: Jun 02, 2008
Posted by Qrystal:
It sounds more like Mike might be merging two existing folders into one, a common thing to do when trying to simplify one's productivity system.

I know I can rename folders. You are correct Qrystal, I am trying to consolidate things when I am doing this. This is not a filtering issue. It may be a completed tasks issue. Not a big deal.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.