ForumsQuestionsVery basic question:

Very basic question:
dutoit1

Posted: Aug 08, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I know this is a very basic question. However, here goes:
I am just trying to use toodledo to help me with my grocery lists & errand lists & reminders. So far I have just been creating folders (i.e. errands) and then add each item I need to pick up as a individual task. I'm sure there has to be a simpler way to do this. I can see how to add multiple tasks but each item is still a separate task. What is the best way to do this? Thanks!
Vin Thomas

When I have long lists I sometimes use the "notes" field.
Anders

As Vin said, the notes field can work, but subtasks would probably be better. They do require a Pro subscription though. Here is more info if you are interested: http://www.toodledo.com/pro.php

Edit: Also, if you could explain why exactly it is a problem for you that the items are each separate tasks, that would make it easier to provide tips.

This message was edited Aug 08, 2009.
dutoit1

Well...it's not really a problem for me. I just thought there might be a more organized way to do it. I'm trying to organize my life. Ha! It seems to be quite a difficult task for me. Ha! For example when I run errands I might have several things I need to pick up at Bed, Bath & Beyond, a few things at Target, and a few things at several different stores at the Mall. In addition perhaps I need to pick up a birthday gift but I might not know what I'm going to get - so I need to jot down some different ideas or likes and dislikes.
Does this make sense? Thanks for your help.

This message was edited Aug 08, 2009.
Anders

It sounds like Tags might work well for that, especially since there may be some things that you could find at more than one place, and tasks can have multiple Tags. If you are not concerned with that sort of thing, then Contexts could also work. Either way you could see Your shopping list filtered by location using either Context or Tag View, or sorting your list by Context. There are advantages to using Contexts as well, so it really comes down to what seems to work for you. You can customize your "Fields & Functions Used" in your Account Settings.
dutoit1

Ok - sounds like I need to play around with it some more. Thank you for all of your helpful input. I'm sure I'll have questions as I get into it more.
Thanks
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.