ForumsQuestionsTasks not showing in the Web Site, (visible on the iPhone).

Tasks not showing in the Web Site, (visible on the iPhone).
x86dude.au

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi.

Most of my lists are shopping or recurring lists.

I un-tick items while preparing (lets say) a grocery list and
I tick off the items when I put them in the shopping trolley.

This is working fine on the iPhone app, in store and the list preparation.

Yet on the Web Site, I can only see a small subset of the list, some ticked, some un-ticked.
I have all filters off in this folder. And I have paid a subscription in case that was needed.
So why are my tasks not showing ?

The help implies it should work : all have no date and are medium priority.

Why isn't my task showing up?

Some tasks are hidden by default. If your task has negative priority, occurs more than 6 months in the future or has been completed, it will be hidden. You can always reveal these tasks by using the filters near the top of the screen.
Anders

Posted: Aug 10, 2009
If all filters are off, and they are not subtasks, or tasks that were completed over a week ago, they should be there. Go to All Tasks in the Main view, and at the bottom of the list, it should tell you if anything is hidden by filters, in which case, turn them off. If the tasks are not there, you could try a "Force sync iPhone -> Toodledo.com" under Synchronization in the app, but that really shouldn't be necesarry.
x86dude.au

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
Went to AllTasks and the bottom says ...

"13 active tasks are hidden due to your filter settings. Turn off filters"

I click the link "turn off filters" but it returns to the same status information, over and over.

Anyhow, I am missing over 30 tasks, probably ticked over a week ago, items I do not buy every week.

You seem to be saying ticked (completed?) tasks are made non visible after a week on the web page. Isn't that crippling functionality ? Many applications of task list management require tick/un-tick functionality. Why not
leave this choice to the user and have "Show/hide completed tasks" as a filter.

Besides it is working on the iPhone. Ticked tasks remain visible there.
Anders

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
You can get to older completed tasks by going to the History section, or by using saved searches. See this help topic: http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=86
x86dude.au

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
That help topic says ...
Subscribers can extend the retention time and unlock the ability to view tasks completed more than 1 week ago.

How do I enable ("unlock") that ? I have paid. :-)

Or does that mean I can view them but but have to go to the History section to do so ?

Currently the iPhone App leaves ticked tasks visible (great).
Will tasks on the app become invisible at some longer time like a month or a year ?
Anders

Posted: Aug 12, 2009
The Pro subscription unlocks viewing of older completed tasks, but you can only see them in History or the Advanced Search view. The search function is pretty powerful, but can also do simple things. For instance, you could create simple saved searches to display everything within a Folder including old completed tasks. The same thing can be done for whatever type of view you use (saved searches can be set up for Contexts, Tags, etc.). You can also do more complicated but sometimes very useful stuff with Advanced Search. See this help topic if you have not already: http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
x86dude.au

Posted: Aug 13, 2009
I appreciate the suggestions and will look into it.

Can I explain ? I use a ToDo organiser because due to illness, I have a loss of cognitive abilities
such as memory, problem solving and decision making. Things that are simple for others are now
difficult for me.

Migrating all my lists into TD was a big job for me. And what I need, is to easily see what I did,
a week, a month, a year ago. If I am confused you are hiding and deleting my old tasks,
then I can't trust this software.

I think there is an oversight in the design model, that some folk may need to easily see previous
tasks, and it would be better to just acknowledge that.
Anders

I understand what you are saying. I also think you can trust Toodledo (please note I am a volunteer moderator, not an employee). If you just want to see what you did a week, month, or year ago, the History page is great for that. If you have more particular ways you would like to see these completed tasks, let me know, and I will try to help you set up Saved Searches to get what you want.

You are not the first person to ask for older completed tasks to be visible in the main task lists, and I know that Toodledo has mentioned that they may make the scope of the Recently Completed filter more customizable.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
You might consider using task templates instead. This will allow you to more quickly recreate a checklist without needing to hunt through your history.

http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=84
x86dude.au

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

I think I just wanted to register my request for that feature on behalf of
those with a cognitive disability. Sometime first impressions are
important feedback to get. And that sort of feedback may even
help make a better tool for everyone.

I want to say well done to ToodleDo on a great product.
I wish you success (so that I don't have to migrate again. LOL.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0w9-eQ_fKQ
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.