ForumsQuestionsCustom Columns in Folders

Custom Columns in Folders
Proximo

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Not sure if this has been requested in the past or not so forgive me.

As I was driving into the office this morning, I started to think about some of my folders and it hit me.

Many of you have seen my new GTD Setup for Toodledo and if you have not. Go here: https://www.toodledo.com/forums/5/2660/-13867/read.html

I use a Ticklers folder for all the reminders I need that are not actual task or have actual due dates. Some of my Ticklers will become task other will be repeating reminders I like to have.

As I look in all my folders, I noticed that there is no option to customize what columns appear on each folder.

I use the Repeat Task column for only Ticklers so I only need to see this in my Ticklers folder. What I don't like is the extra column appearing in all my other folders when I will never use it.

Not sure how difficult this would be to program, but there is already a similar functionality in Toodledo that works this way.

When you look at the Task Completed section, you will see "Date Completed" show up and only show up when in that view.

So why can't we have options to show the columns we really need per Folder. This would allow me to have a Repeat Task column in my Ticklers folder where I need it, but not show up in all my other folders where I would never use it.

I just hate seeing the column in my other folders.

So what do you guys think?
Vin Thomas

I am right there with you. I only have a select few tasks that use the repeat option. I have it enabled, but it pains me to do so because it clutters up the rest of the UI. It would be nice to have custom columns for folders.

It might get tricky though when one wants custom columns for contexts, or searches, etc.

It might be cool to have a toggle on/off button for each field. Then we could have access to all the features but be able to hide some of the clutter when necessary.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Thanks for the suggestion.
Anders

Score: 1 Reference
Posted by Vin Thomas:
It might be cool to have a toggle on/off button for each field. Then we could have access to all the features but be able to hide some of the clutter when necessary.

Or how about just allowing the column resizing to go down to zero? Then you could have any fields you want enabled, but hide them completely by resizing their columns to zero width.
Proximo

Great suggestions.

Another option would be to have repeating task not show up as a column at all, but inside the note field or a fly out box that let's you set it.

Why do we need to see a column for repeated task. Why not show a little simple that tells you it's a repeating task, but have the actual option somewhere else, like a pop up window when we hove over the check mark or something.

This goes back to that idea I had where all the task features can be controlled through a GUI Window that shows up when you click on the task.

No columns to turn on and off, just a bunch of options you can choose to use as you need them for every task.
Gummi

Posted: Aug 13, 2009
I'd love some kind of way to have some columns not visible be easily accessible. For example, I use Due Date, Start Date and Repeat seldom, but often enough that it is to much of an inconvenience to turn them on and off in the settings when I have to use them.

Posted by Anders:
Or how about just allowing the column resizing to go down to zero? Then you could have any fields you want enabled, but hide them completely by resizing their columns to zero width.

That could work, but it would have to easy to get the columns back without to many mouse clicks.

This message was edited Aug 13, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.