ForumsQuestionsSubtask questions

Subtask questions
michael

Posted: Aug 11, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I use priorities to filter my next actions. Everything is given a priority of "0" except next actions which are given a "3". I have my hotlist setup to email me everything due in 1 day with a priority of "1" or greater. And here lies my problem...
Example:
Task: Setup phone system for new office
Subtask: Email Mike regarding needs/wants

Now my hotlist email will have an entry labeled "Email Mike regarding needs/wants". How can I make it show me what the parent task is? For this particular job I know but it gets very confusing when I get a hotlist with tons of subtask and have to double check exactly what parent task it belongs to.....
Jake

Toodledo Founder
It won't be possible in the email to see the parent task, but if you come to this website, you can click the subtask icon which will load up the parent in it's place.
Anders

I've been struggling with this too. The best solution I have been able to come up with is to copy&paste the Parent task title into the Tag or Notes field of all its subtasks. I have even considered using Contexts for Parent task association, so I can just select from a list, and then using Tags for what I currently do with Contexts.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.