ForumsQuestionsBadge for Starred Wrong even with Matched Filters

Badge for Starred Wrong even with Matched Filters
emmotive

Posted: Aug 14, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
My iPhone is set for badge to display Starred Items.

The filters on the iPhone and Web site match, but the badge keeps displaying the unfiltered count until I start the app (after which it displays correctly until next push badge update).

The filter I have active on both is to hide future tasks. The web site shows a count of 4 and so does the iPhone app, but the badge displays 6 which includes 2 tasks for future dates.
Anders

The badge updates do not follow any filter rules since the server cannot know what your filter settings are on your iPhone. I believe Toodledo is looking into whether there might be a way to overcome this. At least they have said they are working on something to solve this issue for nested subtasks, but that is technically just another filter, so it is really the same problem.
emmotive

Thanks. I thought I'd seen an earlier reply that provided the iPhone filter matched the web filter, the badge would match. Shame.
Anders

Sorry, but the only way to make it consistent is to turn off all filters. Hopefully, something can be done about this in a future update.
emmotive

Suggest that the following text is changed on the Toodledo Help then as it gives the distinct impression that provided filters match, all will be OK:

"These numbers may sometimes not match. This is usually because your filters are different between the website and the iPhone. For example: If the website is set to hide future tasks, but the iPhone is set to show future tasks, then the number of tasks matching these criteria will differ. If you want the numbers to match, please make sure that your filters are the same."
Anders

Hmm...
That is misleading. Perhaps this is actually a bug, and is not supposed to be happening. I honestly have only heard about it with regard to subtask nesting, not other filters. I will have to try out some other filters. Either way, you make a good point.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 17, 2009
The badge is sent with no filters applied. Our help document was incorrect and I will fix that. Thanks for pointing it out.

We do plan to get the iPhone/website to agree with filters and badge numbers.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.