ForumsQuestionsShow Subtasks Request

Show Subtasks Request
Eric

Posted: Jun 03, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I just noticed that there is now a Show Notes... Love this.

Can a Show Subtasks be added that has the same affect. When I do my regular review of all my tasks this would save me some time and reduce the potential of missed items as I review.

Thanks,
Eric
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 03, 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. "Show Notes" has actually been around for awhile and we are considering ways to make a "Show subtasks" link as well.

Thanks
gsimonizer

Posted: Jul 24, 2008
I second this request. I find that I am constantly collasping subtasks so I can reduce my list as much as possible before deciding what to do. I have 100s of items so it's important to be able to reduce the list as much as possible. I only need to see subtasks if I decide to work on a particular project on that day, or if I'm curious what the next step is. Otherwise I prefer to keep them rolled up so my list is shorter and easier to review and make decisions.

Once I decide to work on a project, I may star the next subtask so it shows up in my star list. In that instance I prefer to see the subtask by itself without the project and associated subtasks. It works like this today, but I just thought I'd point that out since it is sometimes useful to see the subtasks by themselves, showing up in the correct context or priority list they may apply to independent of the other subtasks.

For this reason, I'm not sure a "Show Notes" type solution would work exactly right, since I presume this would bring all the subtasks together under the project or main task, like it does today. I wonder if a simple filter to hide subtasks might work better, while still retaining the current behavior where you can instantly see all subtasks grouped together with a single click (great design btw).
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.