ForumsQuestionsMy Tasks don't show up in Google Calendar: VIDEO ATTACHED

My Tasks don't show up in Google Calendar: VIDEO ATTACHED
GKat250000

Posted: Aug 17, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hey everybody,

My tasks aren't showing up in Google Calendar.

I made a video about it to show you what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcKHdlNW_jg

Thanks for your help!
Gerry

PS For those who can't see the video. When I look (on an iphone) at the top of the Google Calendar, it shows a green Toodledo bar, but when I click on that bar, it doesn't show any of the tasks.

This message was edited Aug 18, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Aug 18, 2009
Hi Gerry,
There are two different ways to integrate Toodledo with Google Calendar. What you have set up is the Toodledo Gcal gadget. It is very handy when you are using Gcal's regular website because you can see your tasks for each day, and edit/add tasks from Gcal. However, since it is a gadget, and not a true calendar, it does not work in other settings (mobile Gcal site, sync to iPhone cal, etc.).

You can also use Toodledo's live iCal subscription which will place all of your tasks which have dates associated with them into Google Calendar as events. This will work fine in all settings because it is just a regular calendar. The disadvantage is that you cannot edit or add anything to the calendar because it is a one-way sync (read-only). See this page to set up the iCal: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_ical.php
GKat250000

Gosh anders that kind of sucks. Is there any way to have a dynamic, real time, native and web-synced(cloud-synced) task list and calendar in one view on an iphone?
Anders

Well, Pocket Informant is pretty good. Though the To Do portion is not quite there yet for my personal needs. It syncs tasks with Toodledo and events with Gcal. There have been requests for a calendar view for the Toodledo app, but they have a lot of requests to work through, so I have no idea where something like that would be prioritized. It seems like the crap calendar and complete lack of tasks on the iPhone may have been Apple's biggest mistake with the device.

GKat250000

Thank you SO much Anders!
GKat250000

PS So what you're saying is that in pocket informant you can view both tasks and calendar on the same screen? Schedule your tasks into the calendar, and sync it with Google Calendar?

Thank you for your expertise.
GERRY
Anders

Pocket informant has separate To Do and Calendar portions, but they are integrated to a degree. There are three main views, Today, Calendar, and To Do. Today shoes you events and tasks for the day. Calendar is mostly events, but when you tap on a day, you get the tasks as well. To Do is all about the tasks. Even tighter integration of calendar and tasks is coming in their next version with To Do badges on days in calendar month view etc. They have a free "light" version, so you can try it to see what you think. The To Do portion is not comperable to the Toodledo app at this point IMO, but if you're looking for integration, I have not seen it done better. Also, it syncs calendar events with Google Calendar, but tasks are synced with Toodledo. You can still get both together on your computer as well by using the Toodledo gadget for Gcal. Nobody syncs with Google Tasks because Google hasn't provided a means to do so. Toodledo is better anyway :)

GKat250000

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Anders, you are the best. Thank you so much for your time/expertise! What a helpful forum, all because of you. If there is anything I can do to help you, let me know.

Thanks!

GK

http://standupcomedyclass.com
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.