ForumsQuestionsfiltering context/folder

filtering context/folder
david.arcoleo

Posted: Jun 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Currently, you can limit your view to a context while in a folder. It would be nice if the interface to do so were the same as limiting to a context while in the context view. That is to say, have a link across to top to each context showing their count. This would be great combined with the folder view.

Like this

[Context: | @School (5) | @Home (2) | @Call (3) | @Shop (1) | ]
[Folder: | CS411 (2) | CS473 (1) | CS433 (1) | Misc (4) | ]

So that say, clicking on @School would make only Folders with items @School display and reset the count to reflect items in that folder also @School.

This would really really enable people to efficiently use both contexts and folders.

Even better would be to have a third line just like the two above for tags.

What do you people think? I think the two things preventing me from using Toodledo more are

a) I want to see all possibilities at once for all classifications so I can jump around quickly.
b) Few printing options.

(a) I can't do much about, but (b) I can. I'm currently writing a python script to print a single page of my tasks efficiently. It will have multiple columns, look something like -

Folder 1
[tag1, tag2, ...] Do something
details on do something here
[tag1, ...] Do something else
[tag2, ...] And something else
Folder 2

When I get it reasonably nice for a single workable style, I'll work on options like print w/, w/o tags, tag before/after title, show/hide details, etc.

If people are interested enough, should I post it? This will be done entirely within python w/o any dependencies like latex, etc. I wonder if it could even be integrated into the server?

-Dave
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 04, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
I am sure that people will be interested in your python script that uses our API to print tasks more efficiently. Feel free to post it in our developers forum.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.