ForumsQuestionsIs it me or is......

Is it me or is......
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
Too much effort going into iPhone development?

Don't take this question the wrong way. If the devs/Toodledo is prospering on the iPhone platform, more power to them, in the long run it will benefit everyone.

But, from a person who doesn't own an iPhone (yes, I want one, but can't afford it, but don't take this post as me being a hater).

There has been some good requests that would benefit everyone, like nesting of subtasks, dependent subtasks, and my own request of having an icon in the non-gridded view showing that a task has a file or notes in it.

I hope noone takes offense to this, I am just wondering, and hoping that there is not a disconnect between the development going on with the iPhone and the regular Joes like me.

Thanks.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
We had to freeze development on the website during the big migration that we just finished (see the news forum), so during the waiting period we redirected our efforts to the iphone app. Now that the migration is behind us, we are working again on some new stuff for the website :)
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
It was hard to type that post. I hope you didn't take it offensively.

Thank you for the reply, and again, sorry if I came off as being a jerk.

:-)
Tyler

Score: 2 Reference
@ Ryan

I didn't think there was anything "jerky" about what you posted... I feel the same way, and wondered about this.

@ Toodledo

Thanks for the explanation about this, glad to know and appreciate you keeping all of us in the development loop -- one of the best things about this service.
Eric.Montgomery

Posted by Toodledo:
We had to freeze development on the website during the big migration that we just finished (see the news forum), so during the waiting period we redirected our efforts to the iphone app. Now that the migration is behind us, we are working again on some new stuff for the website :)

Can you give some insight on what's planned for the Website? I absolutely LOVE Toodledo, but IMHO it's missing:

- Contact and Calendar Syncing (I currently use OggSync to push Calendar and Contacts out to Gmail so I can sync to my iPhone). The Toodledo Calendar is pretty useless from what I've seen so far (no offense intended). If you had a full feature Calendar and Contact sync (with associated iPhone sync) you'd kill everyone else off!

For iPhone:
- Notes Sync (I can sync notes from Outlook to "Cloud, but not to the iPhone).

As it is, with the use of the Toodledo Sync application I'm now able to use Toodledo as the "Cloud and sync my tasks across 2 computers and an iPhone. It ROX!
Anders

Toodledo has such extensive plans, I would imagine it would be difficult to summarize them, but if you read through the forums, they give many hints as to what we may see.

I agree with the contacts idea, and have suggested it myself. As for calendar syncing, there is the iCal subscription, but that is only 1-way. I believe Toodledo has CalDAV on the to do list though (and I know that they have SyncML on there). There have been a number of request for Notebook sync with the iPhone app, and there is currently an iPhone app called Notebook made by Appigo which syncs with the Toodledo Notebook.

This message was edited Aug 20, 2009.
kleerkoat

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
Posted by Anders:
There have been a number of request for Notebook sync with the iPhone app, and there is currently an iPhone app called Notebook made by Appigo which syncs with the Toodledo Notebook.

See! iPhone, iPhone, iPhone! grrrrrr

I am being sarcastic now, and am playing, just so you know! ;-)
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.