ForumsQuestions"Offline" sync with iphone

"Offline" sync with iphone
chn

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hello,
I am using ToodleDo on my iPhone and Outlook on my PC transferring the Outlook tasks to toodledo.com.
Because I do not use me iPhone for "online" synchronization I am urgently looking for a possibility to sync my tasks from the PC to the íPhone in another way (by cable as the synchronization with Outlook/iPhone via iTunes). Is there any possibility or any tool I could buy to get this solved?
Regards,
ch.
Anders

Posted: Aug 19, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
There is no way to do this with the Toodledo app, and in fact, no way to do it at all with any app. Apple has the USB locked down. They do not allow other apps to use that connection at all. There are a few apps which have a desktop sync component, but the only ones I have heard of that work with Outllook are terrible by all accounts, and none work via USB. They all require Wifi. I hate to advertise other apps, but there are two apps that currently sync with Toodledo that are planning desktop direct sync over Wifi that will work with Outlook. I would imagine the developers of both apps, Pocket Informant and Todo, will do a pretty good job.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.