ForumsQuestionsTodo with date and no time isn't an all day even in Outlook

Todo with date and no time isn't an all day even in Outlook
JimJonah

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
A todo with a due date and no due time does not import to Outlook (using the iCal_live feed) as an all day event. Instead it appears as 12 am to 12 am event which is scrolled out of view in Outlook by default.

Is there a way to change this behavior?

The event does get created correctly in a google calendar and on the iphone when using the ical feeds.
Anders

Posted: Aug 20, 2009
I don't use Outlook, so I can't check this out, but which of the 3 subscription URLs are you using for Outlook? I suppose you should be using the "All Others" one, but perhaps you could try the one designed for Google Calendar. It might not work, but I know it works with Google Calendar. Also, why are you syncing independently to Outlook and Gcal? If the iCal works in Gcal, why not just sync Gcal with Outlook?
JimJonah

Posted: Aug 21, 2009
The toodledo custom feed for gcal exhibits the same behavior.

Why try this? I noticed that Outlook now has the ability to subscribe to internet calendars, so I thought I'd try it.

gCal treats toodledoCal as a readonly calendar. While there is an iCal link that gCal provides for it's view of the toodledoCalendar, that link doesn't work in Outlook. It appears to be in a different format than iCal links google provides for readWrite googleCalendars.

I have been using gSync to pull google calendars into outlook, and that does work pulling the google view of the toodledo calendar. I just wanted to see if I still needed to have gSync in the picture. It appears that I do, unless there's a way I can help troubleshoot this issue.
JimJonah

Here's another reason why I wanted to pull the iCal feed directly from toodledo instead of sending it to google then pulling it down. According this http://www.toodledo.com/info/help.php?sel=23 google updates once a day.
Anders

That makes sense (FYI Google updates slightly more often than that, at least for me, but not much). I have access to a computer with Outlook, so I will see if I can set it up with the iCal, and see if I get the same issue. Also, the iCal is a one-way sync. Even if Outlook let's you change things, those changes will not show up on Toodledo.
paulp

Posted: Feb 15, 2010
hi Jim, Anders,
did you manage to resolve this problem? I just set up my work outlook to read my Toodledo ical file (I tried all four) and I have exactly the same problem: tasks with no due time start at 12am rather than appearing as an all day task, which is means I can't see them.
Jrod

Posted: Apr 27, 2010
Score: 1 Reference
I was also wondering if there was ever a solution for this.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.