ForumsQuestionsHow do I re-order my list manually?

How do I re-order my list manually?
PeterW 

Posted: Mar 30, 2010
Score: 0 Reference
...and one other thing. If you're using an iPhone, Appigo Todo (which syncs with Toodledo) allows you to manually sort tasks. So perhaps you could use it as your main interface.
billcalamita

Posted: May 12, 2010
Posted by non-profitToolbox.com:
I just want to add my voice to the list of users wanting manual sorting for all tasks.

I love toodledo -- it's better than every other program out there. I even paid for a pro-subscription.

But over time the lack of manual sorting has become a deal breaker for me and I've switched to using (and paying for) VitaList because they enable manual sorting.

Vitalist lacks a number of features that I love about Toodledo, but I just can't live without that one...

Completely agreed and in the same boat.

I switched to Todoist for the manual sorting. It's not even in the same ballpark when it comes to features, but that is my number one need.
buesingde

Posted: Jun 01, 2010
+1 for me!

Still thinking about using Google tasks (huh!) instead of my Toodledo Pro-account just because it's more flexible and practical to sort tasks manually by drag'n drop :-/

Please, Toodledo, make it happen!
sts.alfasolar

Posted: Oct 06, 2010
Hey,

I have just signed in and am checking the different available systems, namely toodledo, doit.im, vitalist, thinking rock and RTM.

I am a little bit appalled to 1) not have the manual sorting in toodledo and 2) having it requested since (in this thread) april 2009. In my opinion, this feature is essential for any gtd setup and the 'silent' number of would-be users that either turned away or didn't even start with toodledo is quite high.

Please, is any feedback from a dev possible on this?
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Oct 06, 2010
We are unlikely to add manually sorting of tasks in the near future. We chose to allow tasks to be sorted by any of the fields that you use, which is different from most other task managers. This unique sorting method isn't compatible with manually sorting without adding a lot of complexity to the UI.

We do already have manually sorting of subtasks.
ccoleman

Posted: Mar 23, 2011
I understand there are reasons this may not happen, but let me add my vote for manual sorting. I don't need it for "doing" -- I can use contexts, tags, etc. for filtering in "doing" mode. I need it for "planning/reviewing" mode. Putting them into an order lets me walk through all of my open loops in a systematic way.
stephen.p.carney

Posted: Jun 06, 2011
FWIW, I sort my tasks "manually" by setting a time along with due date. I aim for fairly realistic, but even if the times aren't realistic, assigning items as 9:00, 10:00, etc. forces them into the order I want. Then, when I do the task, I convert it to the time I did it, for tracking/review.

Sometimes, if I have related tasks that I haven't set up as subtasks, I make them 9:00, 9:01, 9:02, even if they take much longer, just for ease.

Hope that helps.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

Skip to Page:  1   2  

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.