ForumsQuestionsCustom Filters?

Custom Filters?
jalperin

Posted: Aug 22, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
I'm new to Toodledo, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I often want to view tasks grouped by due date, sorted by priority. That's simple enough to do: View by Due-Date, Any Due-Date tab and then Sort by Due-Date, Priority. But sometimes I'd like to exclude from this list all tasks with a certain Priority (say "Waiting") or perhaps a certain Tag. How do I do this?

(I see that I can Filter out "deferred tasks" and that would take care of the "waiting" status, but I'm not sure how I'm able to Filter in a more custom fashion.)

Before posting this, I tried using a Search and that seemed to deliver what I'm looking for. Are Searches essentially Custom Filters? (It takes a bit of time to perform the Search though.)
Anders

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Posted by jalperin:
I'm new to Toodledo, so perhaps I'm missing something obvious. I often want to view tasks grouped by due date, sorted by priority. That's simple enough to do: View by Due-Date, Any Due-Date tab and then Sort by Due-Date, Priority. But sometimes I'd like to exclude from this list all tasks with a certain Priority (say "Waiting") or perhaps a certain Tag. How do I do this?

The easiest way would be either a Saved Search, or sort first by the thing you want to Filter (Tag, Status, etc.), then sort second by Due Date, and Third by Priority. You will get dividers for whatever your first sort criterion is, and you can collapse the ones you don't want to look at by clicking on them.

Before posting this, I tried using a Search and that seemed to deliver what I'm looking for. Are Searches essentially Custom Filters? (It takes a bit of time to perform the Search though.)

Yes saved searches are great for complex filtering/grouping. They can take some time to set up, especially if you have a very complex scheme in mind, but you only have to set it up once, and then you can use it whenever you need it again. http://www.toodledo.com/info/search.php
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.