ForumsQuestionsSyncing tasks from outlook 2007 just not working

Syncing tasks from outlook 2007 just not working
milkandasugar

Posted: Aug 23, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
Hi All

Trying to sync my outlook 2007 tasks across to toodledo.

Several things come up.
1) Error during Synchronization: Index (Zero Based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

Syncing hardly ever works through manual sync (or auto sync)

2) Importing a csv file does not take either.
3) Exporting a csv file outlook does not recognise. You have to save to excel and name the range then it works. but defeats the point of syncing.

I was looking for something that would sync or be able to upload and download my tasks. As I use OUtlook 2007 at work during the day capturing tasks I would want to upload these to see them on my iphone.

Any ideas about fixing my issue will be great.

Many thanks

Jonathan
Anders

The Outlook tool is not developed by Toodledo. You should try to contact the developer directly: http://www.chromadrake.com/
Or post in the Third Party Applications forum. One thing I know is that the tool is not designed to handle situations where you have exported you tasks from Outlook, and imported them to Toodledo, so by trying to do both, you may have confused the software.

The import/export might get a bit tedious if you have to do it every day, but you could create an Excel template with the column headings in place. You may not evenhave to download the export file from Toodledo in that case. You could just click View File, and then copy and paste it into your template. I have not actually tried that, but it seems like it should work.
milkandasugar

Hi,

Would it be possible as you promote the use of the chormadrake contact these guys and let them know that your users are facing issues. Your clout should inspire them to collaborate and act.

it is a real shame that I am getting a negative customer experience, which although not your fault, is impacting how I feel about toodledo.

Do you know of any other tool that will do the same thing as chromadrake?

I sent them a post at the same time as I sent to you. I have not heard back as yet.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

Jonathan
Anders

The only other way to get tasks to/from Outlook is through import and export rather than sync. CSV would be the best way to do that: http://www.toodledo.com/connect_csv.php
That is a spreadsheet type file that you could transfer you tasks with, but you would have to keep erasing everything on one side and then transfering all tasks from the side where you have made changes. It is certainly not as appealing an option, but it works for some people.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 25, 2009
The Chromadrake third-party app is currently the only way to sync with Outlook. We clearly label it as a third-party app and link to their website for the download, but we do realize that it can be confusing since it is so tightly integrated with Toodledo. The developer of the Chromadrake tool does read the third-party forum and answers questions posed there. He is also reachable through his website.
djcdjc1

Posted: Sep 01, 2009
I went through the same thing. Everything is working fine for me now. Make sure your time and date are the same with all three applications - Iphone, Toodledo and Toodledo sync. My time was off an hour in Toodledo and took 2 tasks and multipled them to over 1500 in a days time. Changing the time fixed the issue for me.
Darlene
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.