ForumsQuestionsiphone app does it have calendar and notebook?

iphone app does it have calendar and notebook?
outtram

Posted: Aug 25, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
the offical toodledo iphone app

does it have a calendar view?

does it have a notebook view? (if not does it intergrate with Appigo Notebook?)

thanks
Anders

No calendar, and no Notebook sync, but both have been suggested before. The Notebook sync in particular is a popular request. The Toodledo app also does not integrate with Appigo's Notebook app. You can use them with the same account, but the two apps can't exchange information directly like Appigo's two apps can with one another.
outtram

thanks mate just wondering.

trying to figure out between appigo, pocket informant, and your app.

any recomendations either way?

i'm leaning towards pocket informant because i want something that managers calendar and general todo tasks in the one app??? would be great if that had the notebook as well??? anything that you know does all three? or am i just dreaming?
Anders

In my opinion (and I am a volunteer moderator, so The Toodledo app is not mine), The Toodledo app is the best of the three for pure task management, but Todo and PI are good apps as well, and a lot of it comes down to personal preferences. I use PI for the calendar, but its To Do section is too limited in Filtering and Sorting options for my particular needs, and PI doesn't have subtasks yet. I know the PI guys have Notebook sync scheduled for their version 1.2, but I have no idea when that will get done (they are currently working on 1.1). If you go with Appigo's Notebook app, and are deciding between Toodledo and Todo, I would suggest you make your choice based on which one's features seem to most fit your needs. Honestly the integration of the Appigo apps is a neat little feature, but I have never really found a use for it (it just allows you to turn a Notebook entry into a task or vice versa).

This message was edited Aug 25, 2009.
thpope

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
I'd go with Toodledo because it's so cheap and will do most of what you expect. PI is not worth buying now, imo (I do own it). 1.1 might be better. Appigo is very nice and seems very complete, except I don't think it can do stars, and I don't like the way Focus works. It's almost there. You can try the "lite" version for free.

I personally would say Appigo has the best Todo app out there. I've almost bought it several times, just to pull back and decide Toodledo can do most of what I want, so why waste the money. Toodledo is the best "bang for buck."

I'm using the built in calendar with google sync. I'm about 80% happy with my setup. I used PI on pocket pc years ago and had a great method for doing task management. I loved the integration with the calendar. I had fantastic custom views and dragging todo's into my calendar. I really miss that. iPhone has been solid to use, but it's frustrating waiting for features you'd think would be there, like integration with their calendar app.
davidholliday

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
I also own Toodledo, Todo and PI. I was always a huge fan of PI on Windows Mobile, but I find I don't use it all on my iPhone.

Currently, I use Todo for tasks, Appigo notebook for notes and the default Apple calendar - I sync this to Google Calendar and back to Outlook on my PC.

The lack of subtasks is the killer for me when it comes to PI - I'm sure it is only a matter of time before this is included, but it is a shame that it has taken so long to make PI into a full featured organizer.

It seems to me that there is still an opportunity for someone to come out with the ultimate PIM app for iPhone. All of the current ones have their good points, but there is no killer PIM in the way we came to expect on WM or POS.

Oh, it seems subtasks is the second most requested feature for PI, but it isn't on the short term roadmap. Come on Alex, what's the problem?

This message was edited Aug 27, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.