ForumsQuestionsEnd Dates for Repeating Tasks

End Dates for Repeating Tasks
reesecup

Posted: Aug 26, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
How do you establish an end date for a repeating task? For example, I've created a task "Follow daily study schedule" that I'd like to end on the date my test is scheduled. When I sync with iCal the task shows up daily as it should because it is a repeating task, however, I can't get the calendar to reflect an end date, so the task continues to show up on the calendar past the date my test is scheduled. How do I include an end date? Basically I'm trying to created a task that should be repeated daily until a particular date when I want the task to stop. How do I do this?
Anders

Posted: Aug 27, 2009
You can't set an end date for a repeating task. When the date arrives when you no longer need to do it, you can either remove the repeat from the task, or delete it. Daily repeating tasks do make the iCal subscription messy especially if you have a few of them, but there is nothing you can do about it.
Linden

Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Score: 1 Reference
This is a really frequent request that comes up. It might be nice to have a "end repeat" date available in some future upgrade.

I'm not doing any syncing, so the calendar issue doesn't affect me, but it would certainly save a lot of time and energy spent trying to figure out if today's the day to end the task.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Aug 28, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.