ForumsQuestionsFlatten subtasks in folder view on slim site?

Flatten subtasks in folder view on slim site?
Danny

Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
On the slim site, all of the views appear to flatten the subtasks except the folders view. I want to use a projects folder where I put parent tasks, and the subtasks in another folder. That doesn't seem to work on the slim site (works on the full site just fine). I have an android phone and the slim site looks like the best option.

Edit: To make it clear the reason I want to do this is so that I don't have to see the parent tasks when I'm actually 'doing', rather than 'organizing'.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009.
Anders

Posted: Aug 30, 2009
Score: 0 Reference
The subtasks are a little different to use on the Slim site. I have no idea why Folder view does not show subtasks except by going through the parent task.

Due to the lack of filtering options, you have to use Sorting or something like what you are trying to do. It may be a bug that the slim site is not displaying subtasks in Folder views. I had honestly never noticed it. I use a similar tactic with Status. All my subtasks and standalone tasks are either Next Action or No Status, and my Projects (Parent Tasks) are Active or Planning.

Another good way to go is to star the subtasks you want like a custom hotlist. You could also use the regular Hotlist by giving your Giving your Parent Tasks a negative 1 or 0 Priority.

This message was edited Aug 30, 2009.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.