ForumsQuestionsChange My Login Email?

Change My Login Email?
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 16, 2008
Score: 0 Reference
Jake,

If I want to change the email address I use to login to Toodledo, do I just go to Account Settings, click on "Edit Login Email", and type in the new address? Or do I have to contact Support and request the change?

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: Uhh... I decided to just go ahead and try that and it came back with the following message:

"That email address is already in use by another account.
Please try again."

I don't think anyone else is using my email address. I thought that possibly I had entered this address as an alternate email address somewhere in my Toodledo Account Settings, but I cannot find any such setting.

Maybe I had signed up for a free account long ago in another lifetime?

Anyway, can you help me with this?

Thanks again!

Jim

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 16, 2008
Yeah, just sign out, and then use the "I forgot my password" link with the other email that it says is registered. This will email you a new password, which you can use to sign into your duplicate account.

And yes, you can edit your email address in the account settings page.

Hope that helps
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 17, 2008
I got a new password but it turns out that was a free account I had a year ago. Couldn't get to my new account's data from that one, so I changed the email address in THAT account - thus freeing up the address I want to use for my current account.

So now my current account is fine and has the email address I want setup in it.

But the old account... I guess I'll just go ahead and delete that one. (I just hope it does not affect my current Pro account in any way!)

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Founder
Posted: Jun 17, 2008
The accounts are not linked, so you should be able to cancel the free one without affecting the Pro account.
You cannot reply yet

U Back to topic home

R Post a reply

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.