Announcement

Forums > Questions

Change My Login Email?

AuthorMessage
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 16, 2008
Score: 0

Jake,

If I want to change the email address I use to login to Toodledo, do I just go to Account Settings, click on "Edit Login Email", and type in the new address? Or do I have to contact Support and request the change?

Thanks!

Jim

EDIT: Uhh... I decided to just go ahead and try that and it came back with the following message:

"That email address is already in use by another account.
Please try again."

I don't think anyone else is using my email address. I thought that possibly I had entered this address as an alternate email address somewhere in my Toodledo Account Settings, but I cannot find any such setting.

Maybe I had signed up for a free account long ago in another lifetime?

Anyway, can you help me with this?

Thanks again!

Jim

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008.
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jun 16, 2008

Yeah, just sign out, and then use the "I forgot my password" link with the other email that it says is registered. This will email you a new password, which you can use to sign into your duplicate account.

And yes, you can edit your email address in the account settings page.

Hope that helps
J-Mac

Posted: Jun 17, 2008

I got a new password but it turns out that was a free account I had a year ago. Couldn't get to my new account's data from that one, so I changed the email address in THAT account - thus freeing up the address I want to use for my current account.

So now my current account is fine and has the email address I want setup in it.

But the old account... I guess I'll just go ahead and delete that one. (I just hope it does not affect my current Pro account in any way!)

Thanks!

Jim
Jake

Toodledo Admin
Posted: Jun 17, 2008

The accounts are not linked, so you should be able to cancel the free one without affecting the Pro account.
You cannot reply yet

To participate in these forums, you must be signed in.

Toodledo Forums > Questions

Contact Us | Blog | API | Jobs | Press | Documentation | Forums Privacy | Terms | Copyright © 2004-2014